Nordic Sea Hotel

Nordic Sea Hotel Rates and Deals

Nordic Sea Hotel Stockholm Reviews

missandrea81 missandr…
Good central location, plus Ice Bar Jun 05, 2013
Picked this hotel, because my travel companies were staying here as well and it would make things a lot easier.

Booked directly on their website well in advance (early bird rebate of 25%) and paid about $129 for the room without a window aka the Moderate Queen room.

I arrived via Arlanda Express and the hotel is right there when you leave the station through the closest exit.

Checking in was easy and the staff helpful. The only thing they didn't tell me was that the elevator requires your room's key card before it goes anywhere. ;) Keep that in mind, or you'll stand there for 2 minutes without moving.

The room was small and had no window, but I knew this in advance so it was okay. I didn't plan on staying in the room except for sleeping. It was fine for one person, but I could see how it would get crowded quickly if you travel with a companion.

The bathroom is small too, but has everything you'll need. Shower, shampoo, shower gel, towels, great hairdryer, toilet and sink. It was clean, which is always a plus.

The bed was okay. I didn't get a backache. The pillows were alright too.

The lighting in the room is made so you can dim it. I slept with my bathroom light on and the door closed, so a little bit of light was present in the room through the crack underneath the door.

There was also a little water boiler for tea and coffee, which I used in the morning before heading to breakfast, since there was cappuccino powder. Yum!

The room also had one chair, space for my suitcase, and small ironing board and iron.

My room theme was a wintery Gamla Stan which I liked very much. ^.^

Breakfast was great, but on the weekend it was very crowded and they were running low on tables. We sat in the lobby by the fish tank which was actually very cosy.

The Icebar is located in the lobby area, and as a guest I received a small discount on the price. It was very cool, but remember to dress warm! Wear your own jacket underneath their coats and for heaven's sake don't wear sandals or flip flops.
Entrance to the hotel
My room - notice the preview of th…
Bed - room is as wide as the bed i…
TV, place for suitcase
TY all. :)
Posted on: Jun 17, 2013
rsvpme says:
Congrats on the feature....
Posted on: Jun 16, 2013
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured review! :)
Posted on: Jun 16, 2013
abhishek23 abhishek…
One of the Best in Sweden Nov 05, 2013
We were in Sweden for a training session and had spent almost 10 days there. We were to stay in stockholm for 2 nights.

I started liking moment i entered the hotel.

The Check inn was extremely smooth and the rooms were nice and cozy. I wouldnt call them the most updated rooms in the world but definitely had every thing i could ask for. All the facilities inclduing the internet were working fine. The buffet was a well laid out one and the food was quite tasty something we were starving for after a long stay in Orebro.

The service was unmatched and the hotel had a really vibrant feel to it.

The Hotel is right next to Arlanda Express Line (Airport Metro Line) which is a great help for me and the hotel is close to a lot of city attractions.

I would definitely like to stay there agian.
kc135 kc135
Excellent 4-star hotel near Stockholm's main train station. Aug 12, 2011
The hotel is conveniently located next to Stockholm's main train station, which is also minutes away from Gamla Stan Island. Arlanda Express, the train to Arlanda Airport, stops just outside the Hotel. A very nice bonus facility is the Icebar, where you can drink your cocktail from ice glasses.

The breakfast buffet is very rich, which for I guy like me who loves food is awesome.

A nice feature is a small aquarium in the hall.

Customer service is very good and everyone was very kind and helpful when needed.
Chokk Chokk
Super location Dec 14, 2010
It was my first stay at Hotel Nordic Sea but I had visited the hotel a couple of times before; I had once been at the famous Ice bar which is situated in the lobby. The hotel is situated extremely close to the central station, actually just next to it, which also makes it a perfect hotel to reach from Arlanda airport especially if you arrive late in the evening.

The hotel is modern and a really nice place to stay in; it is a place where things are working with nice beds, bathrooms, plenty of ACDC plugs in the rooms and so on.

When you enter the hotel, you have the long reception to the left in the large lobby. My arrival to the hotel was delayed due to a cancellation of my ordinary flight from Copenhagen, which resulted in that I was there at 1 am and the hall was totally empty of people. The outside temperature was at that point between -8 and -10 degrees Celsius and it was not a weather that would inspire for a long walk in the city centre.

There was only one guy in the reception; Tom and he was friendly and quite efficient. While he was entering all my data he said with a smile;"I have no evening paper and the bar is closed so I recommend you to just go up and sleep". He was quite right; I was tired and still a bit mad about the cancellation that meant that I had to arrive so late.

I went up to my room on the sixth floor and found out, that room 1635 was as far away from the elevator as possible. Tom had said that breakfast was served daily from 6.30 to 10.00 and I had to do an early entry there due to an early meeting the following morning.

The room turned out to be okay; there was a queen size bed from the bed brand Hästen and otherwise there was good space in the small room. The interior was well organized with a small desk and closet being available. I quickly spotted that it was I room that I really liked; there were loads of ACDC plugs everywhere for my phones and the computer. There was a small closet to hang the shirts and an ironing board to do the straightening the next morning. There was a small mini bar with soft drinks and a couple of beer and I found it was too late for a beer; I just wanted to sleep.

The bathroom was small but very nice I must say; it was really well organized and with warm grey tiles on the walls. There was a bathtub and the towels were dark grey, really soft and matched the interior.

The breakfast was quite okay and I had some good breakfasts there the days I stayed there. Their bar is also quite nice being the centre piece of the large hall in the hotel, and it is quite full during the evening. I saw that they served some light bar meals there as well if you feel too lazy for the restaurant.

The restaurant was for me a disappointment but it was mostly due to the fact that I had a great meal there during the summer where I tasted their ice menu which also is quite pricy. The restaurant was quite empty compared to the other times I had been to the hotel.
The Hästen bed
The good Hästen bed
My room
My room
I'm about to stay in this hotel. :) I'm really excited about the Ice bar. :D
Posted on: Aug 01, 2012
Glynnes says:
Thanks for sharing your review.
Posted on: Dec 21, 2010
marksreynolds marksrey…
The Nordic Sea Hotel Dec 18, 2009
During our stay in Stockholm, we spent three nights at The Nordic Sea hotel. This hotel is very conveniently located next to Central Station, as well as shopping and all of downtown Stockholm.

The outside of the hotel didn’t look like much, especially with scaffolding and construction on the attached building next door, but inside was beautiful. As you walk in, there is a wide staircase directly in front of you, and to the left is the reception counter. All the staff we encountered was very helpful, friendly and spoke very good English, not that we needed it! To the right of the entrance was a small seating area, and just beyond that was the entrance to The Ice Bar. Just past the center staircase, there was a very nice looking bar area set up with a number of small tables, and to the right of the bar was the entrance to where the breakfast area is set up.

Our room was very nice, not big by American standards, but big enough to hold a queen size bed, and have access from both sides, with a small desk, a place to set a small suitcase off the floor, a small table and very nice chair, and a very small closet. The bathroom was much bigger than I expected, with a large bathtub and shower combination, and a good size sink. The entire room was well lit, very clean, and quiet considering we were right next to the train station. If I hadn’t looked out the window, I would have never known we were that close to the trains! The bed was very comfortable, but I always have issues with pillows…it’s just me being use to what I have at home. The room temperature was a bit on the warm side for us when we first came in, but we easily fixed that by adjusting the thermostat a bit.

The breakfast bar is included with the price of the room, and all the food was very good and fresh. We also received a discount to the entrance price of the Ice Bar for staying here! If you need to store your luggage, either before or after to check in, they are more than happy to accommodate you at no charge, which we took advantage of after we checked out.

So far, out of the three different hotels we have stayed at in Stockholm over the past three years, this is by far the most convenient, and nicest for the price. We will definitely come back here and highly recommend it!
The front of the Nordic Sea Hotel
Our very comfy bed at The Nordic S…
The desk area, with a spot for a s…
The very nice bathroom.
missandrea81 says:
I'll see this for myself very soon. :D
Posted on: Aug 01, 2012
Chokk says:
It I actually really crazy; I had dinner in this hotel the 19th December and I had a couple of shots in the ice bar too.
The food in the hotel restaurant was really great - I had the ice hotel menu.
I must say I liked the hotel too.
Posted on: Jan 06, 2010
Cappuccino Cappucci…
Nordic Sea Hotel - Perfect option for exploring the city Aug 12, 2009
The location is great: just near the Arlanda train that takes you from the airport to the city, walking distance to all the sights. Ice bar is in the hotel, so you get a discount for the entry fee. Good price, the rooms are very clean, bathrooms are great.
bec bec
Ikea, anyone? Dec 25, 2008
The Nordic Sea is a cheerful, reasonably priced, and immaculately clean hotel in a great location. It's less than 100m walk from the central station- particularly convenient for catching the airport shuttle. Rooms are compact (i.e. small) but fine for one person and look like an Ikea catalogue. Breakfast is great value with coffee strong enough to power a small car and a huge range of meats, cheeses, breads, and fruit. Oh, and mulled wine. Perfect.

Nordic Sea Hotel Amenities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Exhibit Space
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Luggage Storage
  • Express Check-In/Check-Out
  • Shoe Shine
  • Paid Parking
  • Bedding/Pillow Choices

Related Travel Blogs About Nordic Sea Hotel

My first flyght with Ryan Air Eindhoven - Stockholm
In januari this year I was reading the newspaper and saw that there where was a new destination to fly to from Eindhoven Airport....Stockholm Sweden. I thought...fantastic. Stockholm was one of my dr…hotel in Stockholm. The Nordic Sea Hotel! Our tickets costed only 150 euro for 2 person. That's very…
Trip to Stockholm
I was back in Stockholm after a few days in Brussels again. It had only been a week since all my furniture had left Brussels together with all the boxes and been installed in Copenhagen. In Brussels …Stockholm for a workshop and it was held in the Nordic Sea Hotel which is situated in the heart…

Check Nordic Sea Hotel Rates and Deals