Nord Class Blue Sunset Cabo Branco

Check Joao Pessoa Hotel Deals

Nord Class Blue Sunset Cabo Branco Joao Pessoa Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Below average beach hotel in Joao Pessoa Aug 27, 2017
Before my trip to Brazil, I had looked at a variety of hotels to determine which one was most suitable. It’s always a challenge on the internet to distinguish the presentation as being accurate or not. I narrowed my choices down to a couple of places, the Nord Class Blue Sunset Cabo Branco and the Nord Luxxor Cabo Branco. Yes, everything here in Joao Pessoa, Brazil is Nord something or other and telling hotels apart by name can be a little challenging. Basically there are three kinds: Nord Easy, Nord Class and Nord Luxxor. The price differences vary somewhat, but not by much, so it’s rather problematic to make decisions based on that. The photos on the internet help a little bit, but as we all know can be very deceiving. It’s not always designed to deceive I think, but sometimes there are things in reality that photos do not capture. In the final decision, I booked a room for the Nord Class Blue Sunset.

When I finally arrived at my destination I felt I had made the wrong choice. In the first place, on the taxi ride to the hotel, the driver had passed by the areas that had some life to them in terms of restaurants and shops and as near as I could tell there was not much near the hotel I had chosen. In the second place, as soon as I walked into the hotel, there was a steamy, humid feel to it, even more so than outside. They had some big fans going to move the air around I guess. After checking in and getting the keys to my room, I made my way to the 2nd floor where my room was located. I got a sense maybe why the place felt so tropical. The floor levels have hallways that are open to the outside air, consisting of spaces containing air conditioning units. They were all running, of course, and it was quite the noisy walk to my room.

I suppose some these things so far I could overlook if the room met to my satisfaction. Unfortunately, it did not. It was not a very cheery looking room on my first impression. The entrance area into the room is a kitchen of sorts & sitting area, leading into a central area containing a rather small bathroom the size of a walk-in closet, with some length to it, but not much width. Onward to the bedroom and it was very bland indeed, with very little to appeal to the eye here. I couldn’t help thinking it reminded me sort of like a hospital room. The bed itself was two small sized mattresses joined together and not very comfortable to lie on, with rather flimsy small pillows also. The sliding doors to the outside opened onto a view of the ocean, but with not much beach to be seen, and just some rocks with waves crashing upon them. Pleasant for a few minutes, but annoying after a while.

Despite the long trip from the USA to Brazil, and being quite tired, I didn’t sleep very well. The constant crashing of waves on the rocks, plus the occasional vehicle whizzing passed with the road close by underneath, and the uncomfortable bed, made for a sleep/wake on-and-off throughout the night. The rooms did have AC units, which I turned on, but the tropical air inside was not very comfortable even with the AC. In the morning I woke early and took a photo from my room looking up the beach. I was far indeed it seemed from the hub of life in this place. I decided to go have some breakfast, included with the room, and maybe I would feel better. The food selections were ok, but a fair number of items not appealing to me for breakfast. Some eggs and ham meats, plus some fruit and yogurt were fine, along with a couple cups of coffee, which was good. I felt a little better after eating.

After breakfast I decided to go for a walk to see just exactly what was within reach of the hotel by foot. I walked for about 10-15 minutes and did not see much in the way of shops or restaurants. The center hub of things seemed to be getting closer, but I decided it was too far from the hotel and may take another 15 minutes to get there, 1/2 hour in total. I resolved on my way back to the hotel that I would endeavor to move to another place, and could not stay here for the 1 week during my meeting to attend in Joao Pessoa. Back at the hotel, I explained that for the logistics of my meeting I needed to be closer to the hub of things here and asked if I could switch hotels. She inquired where I wanted to go and I said I would prefer the Hotel Nord Luxxor, one of my earlier optional choices. She was very nice and would have to check on the situation for me.

I sat in the hotel room for a while, waiting for the call from reception and hoping that I would not be stuck in this hotel for a whole week. Eventually I got the call and everything had been arranged for me to check out and go to the other hotel. I guess they are all Nord something hotels, so moving guests from one to another can be done with the same rates, so all my info and payment was just transferred to the Nord Luxxor. I packed as quick as I could, checked out, caught a taxi and was on my way to a new and better place I certainly hoped. I don’t wish to criticize this hotel too much, but it just wasn’t for me in a weeks stay duration. The staff was very nice to be so understanding and arrange everything for me to transfer to the Nord Luxxor.
Nord Class Blue Sunset Cabo Branco
Kitchen room
Kitchen room
Bedroom
spocklogic says:
Thanks, Alec. Always the dread of a traveler when booking a reservation and when you get there it doesn't meet expectations. In such cases I always move if possible.
Posted on: Nov 08, 2017