Noodles and Company

www.noodles.com - (760) 634-3010

Noodles and Company Encinitas Reviews

HeatherHop HeatherH…
If you LOVE all different kinds of pasta... Jun 27, 2009
Noodles and Company is an excellent restaurant for several reasons. The first is the price, the second is the taste and variety, and the third is the company's focus on health.

The prices at Noodles and Company are quite reasonable. It is a small establishment in which the customer walks up to the counter and orders, receives a number, goes to their table, and then the food is brought to the table. These types of establishments, in my experience, have always been a little less pricey than your typical sit-down place, but in the case of Noodles and Company, the quality of the food is superior to most sit-down places I have eaten at.

The way the restaurant works is that there are three categories of noodle dishes: Asian, Mediterranean, and American. Asian dishes include favorites such as Pad Thai, Indonesian Peanut Saute, Japanese Pan Fried Noodles, and Thai Curry Soup (among others), all of which I have tried and all of which are delicious.

Mediterranean dishes include favorites such as Penne Rosa (which is excellent), Pasta Fresca, and the ever tasty Tomato Basil Bisque Soup. People who love American pasta dishes will not be disappointed either, as the restaurant boasts favorites such as Wisconsin Mac and Cheese, Mushroom Stroganoff, and House Marinara.

There are side dishes, appetizers, and salads to choose from as well. I recommend the Tomato Cucumber Salad (which also includes onions and a really good dressing).Everything I have ever tried at Noodles and Company has been very tasty. They have never disappointed me.

Being a Vegetarian, one thing I really like about this place is that everything on their menu comes without the meat, as the protein is an add-on that you can choose to add or not to add. They have different types of meat (chicken, beef, shrimp, etc.) that you can add on to any item, and there is also tofu, but I have found that I like the items just fine and it is plenty of food without having to add tofu. Still, it is there for you to customize just to your personal tastes.

My favorite thing, however, about Noodles and Company is their focus on health and nutrition. While not everything at this restaurant is healthy and low calorie, there are many options that are just that, and the best part about it is that the restaurant is dedicated to providing customers who wish to see it with the nutrition information for their food. As somebody who tries to make good choices with the foods that I eat, I am forever grateful to places like Noodles and Company that provide their customers with the nutrition information that they need to make a sound and healthy choice.

If you check out their website, they have nutrition information on most, if not all, of their menu items (go to foods, look up the item you are interested in, and click on the nutrition highlights link). In store, they usually have pamphlets highlighting their lowest calorie options for those who are watching their calories. I usually use this pamphlet to help me make my decision, btu when I went to Noodles and Co. tonight, I was dismayed to see that they did not have the pamphlet on hand. When I inquired about it, the girl working there said they had run out of them. Instead of telling me I was out of luck, she instead promptly pulled out a big laminated piece of paper highlighting every single thing on their menu and all of the nutrition information on it, not just calories, but everything you can imagine wanting to know...sodium, fat, etc....

She told me I could take it with me to my table if I wanted to, so I could look it over as long as I needed. I did, and I ended up programming the info for several items into my iPhone so I would be prepared the next time I came to Noodles.

I ended up ordering the Bangkok Curry, which when ordered in small size, is only a measly 250 calories for what I found to be plenty of food. What it lacked in calories, it certainly didn't lack in taste. It was delicious! I would have licked the plate clean if there hadn't been other people in the restaurant for me to feel embarrassed in front of. Highly recommended. There are locations all over the place, so check out their website and find one near you.
Eric says:
Wow this place sounds cool! Will have to try it next time I'm down in SD.
Posted on: Jun 28, 2009