Nomads Fat Camel Backpackers Hostel and Bar

Check Auckland Hotel Deals

Nomads Fat Camel Backpackers Hostel and Bar Auckland Reviews

Feebs56 Feebs56
Terrible building, good location Jul 16, 2014
This place is honestly in my top 5 worst hostels. The building is in a pretty decent location in Auckland CBD. But almost everything else about it was awful. It is impossible to get any fresh air in the building. I think there are 6 floors, I stayed in 2 different rooms on different floors and everywhere has horrible stale smelly air. If I didn't have a heap of snowboarding gear to carry I would have stayed somewhere else the second night. The rooms are super cramped, barely room to put everyone's bags down let alone open them. Bathrooms are tiny and dirty and few. The common room was totally bare, except for a couple stained sofas in a corner in front of a tv. There was a small kitchenette on each floor just outside the dorm rooms, I think there was just a kettle, microwave and a gas burner. There was no exhaust fan for the burner so in such a small area it got really humid even with freezing weather outside.

The staff seemed nice, but when I arrived to check-in there was a huge queue of people waiting in the lobby. There is also another Nomads hostel a block or so away, which can be very confusing. Myself and a few other people I was waiting with in the lobby had come to the wrong hostel, so we had to carry all our stuff down the street again.

Definitely would not recommend this place unless you are desperate.

Check Auckland Hotel Deals