Nomadas Youth Hostel

Check Merida Hotel Deals

Nomadas Youth Hostel Merida Reviews

CarpeDiemSW CarpeDie…
A hostel with a pool? Yes, please. Jan 08, 2011
I loved this hostel! Okay, there was a night or two when I was cursing the 'fun' factor because it meant that I couldn't be fast asleep by 10 pm, but on the night that I stayed up and played cards for hours with a couple Aussies we met I wasn't complaining. Plus, it has a pool, how cool is that?

I stayed in the all girls dorm, which had 20 beds and a couple hammocks. It was incredibly spacious and had a huge bathroom with two toilets and two showers, a vanity, even a scale and a clothes rack. Each bed has a fan and a light, as well as a lock box big enough to stick my backpack in. There were also coat hooks everywhere.

The free breakfast was coffee and toast with butter and jam, and there was live music during the week from 9 pm till 10 pm. Internet was fast and free, with three computers to fight for, and the tours we booked through the hotel were all well run and decently priced. The warm water was fickle, and all but one of my showers were cold. I have to say though, the shower that wasn't cold was incredibly hot, hotter than I get at home. It was lovely.

I loved that atmosphere here, and wouldn't stay anywhere else if I were to plan another visit to Merida. My best advice - pack bug spray!! I got eaten alive by the mosquitoes, and didn't even know it until it was too late.
Outside of the Nomadas
Our huge, girls only dorm room
The vanity in the girls bathroom
alexchan alexchan
Pleasant hostel with great garden pool and atmosphere Aug 16, 2011
In Merida we stayed at the Nomadas Youth Hostel which is bookable on many hostel booking sites. Not many hostels call themselves "youth" hostels anymore. At our age, we certainly took the "youth" out of it when we checked in!

For two people, it was very economical to have a private room with ensuite. Our room was next to the courtyard and it was slightly noisy on one out of three nights ... so it depends on the company that you have. We hear that the rooms on the front can be noisy from traffic.

From the road and the hostel's facade, you'd never imagine that it would have a large garden with a giant tree and a lovely pool. Its the magic of Spanish town-planning with large square blocks which permit each property to have land behind.

The ensuite was new and clean ... we didn't inspect the shared facilities. There is a kitchen for those who wish to cook for themselves.

The place overall was clean enough and I'd certainly recommend it as it has a lovely atmosphere.

If there is any criticism, it's because it gets quite hot in Merida. Some people may be more comfortable with air-conditioning but it was borderline bearable for us in mid-August.
Gate to the garden and pool.
The pool is set within the compoun…
The pool is set within the compoun…
The courtyard.
superfree superfree
Good on picture, great in reality Nov 13, 2010
Part from weird bugs around the food at breakfast this was a great place to stay in. Nice atmosphere. Great that they have salsa lessons,the teacher was very good, the music afterwards help ending the days in a really good way. The backgarden with pool,hammacks and iguana garden was definetely best. Will return if I go back to Mexico and Merida .
geokid geokid
Nomadas Youth Hostel Nov 30, 2009
During my many years of visiting Merida I have stayed a nine different hostel establishments. The Nomadas Hostel is by far the best hostel operating in Merida. The Nomadas Hostel offer a coed bunk bed type dorm, a girls only bunk bed type dorm, private double rooms with and without an in-room bath. The Nomadas Hostel also permits tent camping at about $8.00 per tent per night with full access to the entire facility. The Nomadas Hostel is located within easy walking distance to the Paseo Montejo (3 blocks), The Anthropology Museum, The Santa Lucia Park (2 blocks) with folk dancing and singing, several bars, a movie theater, a 24/7 supermarket, an immigration office, banks and a currency exchange. The Nomadas offers a free self-service continental breakfast (7 to 10am), internet, linens, towels, lockers, luggage storage, guest kitchen privileges, 24/7 reception, an experienced travel desk staff, an information board, a common room, bike parking, nightly free salsa lessons, most night live music around 9 pm and a large swimming pool.

The travel desk will arrange for the delivery of bus tickets. The Nomadas will arrange plane tickets and tour reservations through their travel agency. dorm bunks are around $10.00 per night, private doubles around $24.00 per night and private doubles with in-room baths are around $28.00 per night.

Check Merida Hotel Deals