78 Second Ave, New York, NY, USA

Nomad New York Reviews

ellechic ellechic
A French North-African Infused Dinner Jan 01, 2011
This French-North African infused restaurant is beautifully inviting, and reminds me of the Spanish-Moorish designs of southern Spain. The staff were friendly. The food is mediocre to delicious.

For starters, the Moorish chicken skewers & calamari salad was simple and tasty. The duck pastilla a l'orange was unexpectedly sweet from the powdered sugar & orange.

For entree, the pan seared duck breast was tender & delicious, the rib eye steak just right, & the grilled whole fish (forgot what type of fish it was) was lightly oiled, seasoned with Mediterranean herbs.

For dessert, the chocolate mousse was uninspiring, but the sangria with their seasonal flavor was delicious and the teas were wonderfully aromatic - as if I was back in southern Spain.
dolfijn dolfijn
Great experience of Algerian Cuisine in this restaurant in New York! Oct 13, 2007
My friend is from Algeria, so she suggested to have diner in this new restaurant in New York. We arrived at the restaurant at 8pm and were immediately welcomed and given a choice of tables.

Sometimes you get lucky. That's what happened to me at Nomad.

I was expecting to eat eggplant, kebabs and couscous.

I didn't expect to have food that was so fresh, succulent and fragant with olive oil, onions, garlic and spices. In North-African cooks often use sugar and sweet spices. The sweetness is kept under control. We tried some lamb. The lamb shank melts in your mouth. The food, with a low-to-average price tag had much higher aspirations.

Our waitress was lovely!! She was friendly, polite, knowledgeable, helpful, attentive but not unobtrusive!!

Pretty much everything on the menu looked great. Our waitress made a few recommendations and answered our questions.

The restaurant its self was really cute, very cozy and pleasant. There are like, cave drawings of bulls on the walls in the main room. The decor was in theme and the bathroom was the cutest. The bathroom is very clean and tidy.

Overall we had a great experience!! Highly recommended!

Pros:The service was pleasant and EXCELLENT and the food amazing, good appetizers and ambience!

Cons: There is only one unisex toilet.
example of a dish