2A Skalinska ulica, Zagreb, Croatia

Nocturno Zagreb Reviews

Onthewind Onthewind
Fantastic restaurant Dec 12, 2012
I have visited this place about six times during a couple of visits to Zagreb and I have never been disappointed. On every occasion I think it's impossible to go anywhere else. I'm surprised actually this has not already been reviewed.

Various types of Risotto, Gnocchi, Pasta, Pizza, Salad and more are available and I would personally recommend 'Risotto Ai Funghi', which I can't believe costs only around 20kn (£2.20 approx). Sizes are reasonable but the flavours are astonishing for the prices. All washed down with a range of beers, wines, teas etc, this really make Nocturno a versatile place. Maybe one very minor issue, is the limited deserts available.

I think a way to judge the standard of a restaurant is to look at the other patrons. Nocturno hosts many types of customers and always seems comfortably busy. Tourists and locals enjoy this place and I have noticed singles, couples, as well as groups eating here. I would recommend going into the lower section to the right for a quieter ambience if you're looking for a more romantic corner or during the summer a table out on the pedestrian street in front where you can view the famous cathedral.

The décor is simple and modern, with a mixture of brickwork/stone and wooden tables and chairs. Usually contemporary pop songs play quietly and really just adds to a background noise of different conversations.

The service is always good and speaking in English is not a problem. Just found out on my last visit that it also has accommodation too.

Check Zagreb Hotel Deals