Nob Hill Cafe ~ Pizzeria/Trattoria

1152 Taylor Street, San Francisco, CA, USA - (415) 776-6500

Nob Hill Cafe ~ Pizzeria/Trattoria San Francisco Reviews

RacquelT127 RacquelT…
Dec 31, 2007
The Nob Hill Cafe. It is a quaint little place located in the Nob Hill area of San Francisco. It was quite refreshing walking around the area, looking for it. It was pretty close to our hotel and good thing because we didn't want to waste any time before we all had to get ready for our party.

We sat in front of the restaurant for about 10-15 minutes because the restaurant wasn't ready to seat us. We were escorted to our table and started to read over the menu. Everything sounded interesting and appetizing. I ordered the tortellini romana, the rest of the gang ordered chicken parmesan, lasagne, and potato goulash. I tasted them all and everything was great. My tortellini romana was a hit amongst the group because with the large servings everyone was glad to take a litte taste getaway from their red-sauced meals. And I was happy also to taste the other dishes, a change of taste from the super cheesy sauce that I had been feasting on.

We did order dessert, tiramisu and cheesecake (with alcohol content, I believe brandy cheesecake or something). I can never say no to tiramisu, the cheesecake was different. Creamy and a bit much liquor tasting. Not too much, I mean even the tiramisu had a bit more liquor than I was use to, but I'm definitely more a tiramisu girl than a cheesecake girl. =)

It was a pretty small cafe that filled it's seats pretty darn fast. Very popular I'm sure, the guests may have been regulars, tourists, or even just people like us in the area looking for some great food to chow down on. The crowded atmosphere of the restaurant leads me to mention a quick note about the service. The hostess and our waiter were definitely polite but we did encounter a few things that disturbed us a bit. We asked a teeny, tiny, little question and we didn't receive the answer we wanted. We can see that they were busy and when they reminded us that they were, and that they will get to us as soon as they could I felt that there could have been a better answer for our miniscule question. And also we never got our "disposable napkins" that we requested, which we figured they forgot because they were so busy. But you know, with customers coming to dine in your restaurant I would think equal attention should be distributed amongst them all.

Overall, the food was delicious. I have pictures of my tortellini and I remember how good it tasted and my friends who also tasted it reminisce of how wonderful it tasted. That is pretty important when it comes down to eating to make sure the food tastes good. I would recommend Nob Hill Cafe for great food, great portions but hopefully not go there when you are on a time budget.
the infamous tortellini romana
powdershredder says:
I have to agree with you. Great food and yummy desserts!
Posted on: Jan 26, 2008
RacquelT127 says:
I know I was such in a rush that night I didn't get to take pics of them. hehe next time I won't forget =) thanks for the smile mel
Posted on: Jan 09, 2008
mellemel8 says:
where's the cheesecake and tiramisu pics?!?!!? LOL
Posted on: Jan 09, 2008