305 High Road, London, United Kingdom

Check London Hotel Deals

No.8 London Reviews

d2amy d2amy
Cheap as Chips, but not worth it Sep 16, 2012
So the main appeal of this place is that it is INCREDIBLY cheap. I think it was about 4 pound a night when I stayed here in January 2012. However, the trick you, because you are so far away from anything, you have to pay like 3 -6 pound return tube trip to get anywhere that is worth looking at in London. The only real reason I could see that someone would live here fore is because you are working in London nearby.

However, I do have to admit, that even though it is a horrendous location, it was neat getting out of the the normal area and getting to see a different, more grimey, but still save side of London. It was super close to shops to and there are a lot of buses that went in front of the hostel, also its only a 4 minute walk give or take from the tube station, so that is nice. I would maybe stay at this hostel if I had just one night in London, like overnight at Heathrow or something, because it is only about a 15 minute tube ride give or take to the place.

The fun factor is definitely lacking here, and I found almost no one was willing to talk to me, except my friend who I was meeting there ( as you can tell it was not my choice of hostel, but his because he was terribly broke at the time). It does however have a free breakfast from I think it was either 7-9 or 730-930, which wasn't the best, but it was basically unlimited bread, cereal, coffee, tea, yogurt and limited fruits. But still, I do like a free breakfast, another reason I would say this place is incredibly cheap, you get a meal - maybe two - out of it.

Would not stay here again though.

Check London Hotel Deals