No letterboxes

Agmashenebeli str. 84, Mtskheta, Georgia

No letterboxes Mtskheta Reviews

HORSCHECK HORSCHECK
No letterboxes Jun 04, 2014
My plan was to send some postcards from Georgia, but already in Tbilisi I didn't see any letter boxes in the town and even post offices were hard to find. So when I came to Mtshketa I went to the small post office, which was marked on my city map.

Although there was a signpost in front of the building directing towards the post office, there wasn't any lettering on the building fa├žade marking it as post office. At first I took the wrong entry until a local showed me the right one somewehere at the side of building.

I came into a corridor which looked like every other corridor in a residential building. Still for me it was not clear where the post office was, but the friendly local led me to a door, which again wasn't marked as post office. If I had been by myself I probably wouldn't have found it as quickly as with the helpf of the local.

With my basic Russian I finally got what I wanted, although the ladies in charge were quite happy to practise their English with me.

After I had written my postcard somewhere in the town I got back to the post office to post it, as there actually weren't any letter boxes in town.

Mtskheta's Post Office can be found at the crossing of the streets Agmashenebeli and Gamsakhurdia near the south eastern corner of the old town.

Post Office, Agmashenebeli str. 84, 3300 Mtskheta