544 Castro St, San Francisco, CA, USA
(415) 861-2226

Nirvana San Francisco Reviews

kevinw83 kevinw83
Nov 25, 2005
Nirvana is an Asian fusion restaurant located in the Castro district of San Francisco. The restaurant has both patio seating outdoors (with heat lamps), or seating inside. The ambiance inside is dark, intimate, and has just the right amount of warm red lighting. While supposedly famous for its attractive waiters, I didn't think the service was extraordinary, in either their looks or actual service. We had to wait a good amount of time for the waiter to ask us to order drinks or our food. I had heard that the mixed drinks here were pretty good, so my friend and I both ordered one. She had a melon juice infused drink, and I ordered the Nirvana flurry. However, I must say that the mixed drinks were wholly unsatisfying. My flurry tasted more like a milkshake than a drink, and left me feeling like I was drinking alcohol at Johnny Rocket's. Not the most sophisticated feel...Our food was probably the best part of the meal. My friend ordered an interesting seafood noodle/pasta dish, and I had a curry plate. Both were tasty, with decent portions. I left the restaurant feeling full and satisfied, but not blown away in any aspect.A full meal of appetizers, drinks and entrees for 2 was around $60. So, if you're ever in the Castro and are in the mood for some Asian cuisine, check out Nirvana. Just don't expect to be blown away.

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals