Niños Hotel 2

Check Cusco Hotel Deals

Niños Hotel 2 Cusco Reviews

aerynn aerynn
Guest house with a good cause Oct 09, 2008
Ninos Hotel was a pleasant surprise. I didn't know what to expect, since their website leaves a bit to be desired, but I enjoyed my stay very much!

Ninos Hotel runs two hotels (Ninos 1 & Ninos 2) within walking distance of the Plaza. They also run a Hacienda out of town. The mission of the founders of the establishment is to take care of children. They have adopted many children and formed households, in addition to providing hot meals, hygiene, help with homework, and medical attention for destitute children in Cusco. They claim 100% of the profits go toward this cause. I can't prove that, but there were a lot of happy children inside this complex, mostly just passing through on their way too/from a school.

My friend and I stayed at Ninos 2. The location is within walking distance to the Plaza de Armas, although when they say it is 4 blocks away, please note that the blocks are rather long, compared to what I am familiar with in the USA. Ninos 1 is somewhat closer to the Plaza, so if you would like to be closer, be sure to explicitly request which one you want while reserving, otherwise they will choose for you.

The reception desk is staffed 24 hours a day, which is very convenient, since the front door is locked at all times. Security combined with accessibility is superb. The staff were always very friendly, and helpful with any questions that I had. They also arranged for a taxi to meet us at the airport, which was helpful since neither of us had been to Cusco before. The taxi was not complimentary with our stay, but it was very cheap.

The front door opens into a courtyard where I enjoyed one of the best breakfasts of my trip. Although the breakfast cost is not included with the room cost, it is well worth the price, and one can choose between three different breakfasts depending on how hungry.

Our room had two beds and a private bathroom. The room was spacious, and the beds were comfortable. Everything was clean. This was the most comfortable room we stayed in during our trip; probably due to the space. The room was somewhat cold, but a heater was supplied, as well as several layers of blankets on the bed. Each room was named after one of the children who was adopted; our room was called Florencia. We were told that Ninos 1 had rooms named after boys.

I originally suspected that if they were putting so much money toward their cause, that the service would be lacking. But this place gave me the satisfaction of helping make a difference in the lives of children, while simultaneously giving me a cozy place to call home for a few days.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Check Cusco Hotel Deals