Nine Fine Irishmen

3790 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV, USA

Nine Fine Irishmen Las Vegas Reviews

michael0311 michael0…
PubCrawl with an Aussie Mar 14, 2011
I bought a plane ticket and joined a friend who had a work long weekend trip in Vegas.

Went to Red Rocks, Saw the Hoover Dam, Checked out the old Casino strip, walked thru all the nice new ones. I'm not a gambler so I only tried a few video pocket and blackjack hands and continued strolling around. Hands down though the best part of the trip was meeting a sole Aussie traveler wearing his Boston Red Sox hat (I'm Boston native, my RI friend is a NY fan, we all hav a few foolish friends.) hangin by the Venetian. We got to talking then he asked us if we knew the way to a certain hotel, we decided we would go with him to make sure he got there ok and to grab some food.

After our meals at the renowned Hooters eating establishment we walked the strip. Our Aussie friend started talking some smack so we each ended up getting some sort of Margarita type mixed drink in a plastic yard glass that came with a shoulder starp and then headed to THE NINE FINE IRISHMEN.

This is a great place, I have been here before, which was why I sought it out for the Aussie that kept running his mouth. It was my younger days and so it was off to drink to settle the debate. The live music hear is great. The drinks & food aren't to badly priced for this type of place in Vegas and everyone there was friendly enough. So after trading some stories with some Cowboys (it was rodeo week that week) and dancing with some ladies. I looked over and what do I see my new Aussie friend sleeping with his head down with his yard drink slung over his shoulder. Really is he sleeping... Ahh those Irish pubs they'll get you every time.

Meeting new friends on travels is great. Staying in contact with them years later even better. Having your other buddy go to Austrailia drop in on a old travel buddy and call you on the phone is great.

Back to th Nine Fine Irishmen, I recommend the Shepards Pie here and to go when the musical guests Sin É Rí-Ra are there, great violins and a girl from Somerville MA originally who can do a mean step dance.

You'll be singing along to some fine Irish tunes in no time wether you know them or not.
Our New Aussie pal Ricsta, Me and …
The Entryway inside New York New Y…
Eric says:
Thanks for sharing your review!
Posted on: Mar 14, 2011