Nidya Hotel Galataport

Check Istanbul Hotel Deals

Nidya Hotel Galataport Istanbul Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great hotel and great location Dec 25, 2013
The hotel Nidya is relatively new hotel. The taxi driver who took me there from the Ataturk airport stated that it was only five months old, which one of the guys in the reception confirmed. The hotel is located down hill from the Taksim Square. The Taksim Square is a major tourist and leisure district famed for its restaurants, shops, and hotels. It is considered the heart of modern Istanbul, with the central station of the Istanbul Metro network. The hotel is situated near the water with the Modern Art museum. The location is actually quite nice because it gives you good possibilities to walk to many sites.

I arrived just after sundown and the drive from the airport took close to one hour due to rush hour, it can actually take up to two hours if everything goes wrong. The taxi driver was a nice guy who knew the city after more than 28 years of driving in Istanbul. He asked me to code the phone number of the hotel, so he could be sure to find the hotel straight away.

The hotel had a nice appearance and I was received by a bell-boy at the entrance. He took my bag and guided me to the reception where my reservation already was ready. I was told that I was given an upgrade and I was given a room on fifth floor facing the road and the water, which turned out to bed great the following morning.

The room was well designed in soft colors and lightwood everywhere. There was a closet just at the entrance with a safe and morning robe. The room was fairly large and it felt really well entering it. I liked the design that felt light, bright and relaxing. The colors were used well with the lightwood and dark brown curtains and beige bed cover. There was a nice long desk a flat screen on the wall. There was a nice bench to put the suitcase and there was a fridge with some cold drinks that could come in handy. The bathroom was nice with a modern design in all the appliances.

I arrived pretty late at the hotel and I was getting hungry so I decided to eat at the hotel instead of trying to find a restaurant. The restaurant turned out to be pretty okay. I ordered a tomato and cheese salad and some kebab and a bottle of local white wine and all was pretty. The following day I had lunch there where they served a buffet and that was also good. The food prices were fair and even the wine in the restaurant was really cheap. The only thing that surprised me negatively was the price for a gin & tonic in their bar, which was too steep.

When I left I was pretty sad I had not decided to stay a bit longer in this place because it was a nice hotel and the surroundings were really nice. It was close to the water and some nice museums.
The room
The room
The view from my room in the morni…
The lobby