Nice, avoid the special tourist trap

Port de Saint-Laurent du Var, Nice, France

Nice, avoid the special tourist trap Reviews

nabilbo nabilbo
Many restaurants, many choices near Nice Mar 10, 2008
This review as you may understand is not about restaurants in Nice but in Saint-Laurent du Var. I chose to use the Nice as a keyword because most of you know about Nice but nothing about Saint-Laurent-du-Var until you decide to come here. Saint-Laurent-du-Var is a small town at only 5 kms from Nice, but could be a good destination for you fellow-travelers. Indeed, if you come to Nice and ask at the Informational Tourist Office, the best places to have dinner, they will say you, go to "Cours Saleya". Well it is not wrong, because this place is situated near the "old town" of Nice, there are many restaurants, shops, cafes and pubs. The mood is not so bad there and the night, it can be an overcrowded place and I think you should visit it. But after the first 2 days, you would want to have something more calm, away from the other tourists with local people so try the restaurants at the port of Saint-Laurent-du-Var. You will still have few tourists but not too much, many restaurants of all kind : moroccan food, indian food, japanese food, sea food....

As I told you, it is easy to get there and you will not regret it.

Give me your feedback once you will try this place.

PS : I am living at Saint-Laurent du Var so if you want more informations, need help or anything else, don't be shy and ask me.
Tribe4me says:
HELLO I'M arriving soon, will be glad to meet up.
Posted on: Jul 07, 2012
nanipu says:
Ah, I looked at the map. I was hoping it was close to the Place Massena and Old Town, but it's closer to the airport. Some people won't have a car to drive there, but I suppose people can catch the bus or the tramway. Maybe you should write a review on Nice's transportation system (unless you did already). ;)
Posted on: Mar 10, 2008

Check Nice Hotel Deals

Nice, avoid the special tourist trap Map
Nice