Niagara Falls Coach Tours

Toronto, Canada

Niagara Falls Coach Tours Toronto Reviews

IndoIan IndoIan
Toronto Coach tour to Niagara Falls Jul 25, 2011
My Son and I took a Coach trip from Toronto Coach Station to Niagara falls, The Coach is nice and modern with toilet and A/C. The is to be like a travel guide along the route. I Booked this trip online with my the booking of my Hotel in Toronto.

We must be downtown Toronto early after we breakfast, I know the local buses into the City and also the subway, but only have a map to the coach station. but it is quite easy route when we come out of the subway

We have a wait of 30 mins, before the coach arrives, the coach driver is interested as to where we are travelling from, I replied him" Manchester, England"...he is interested to know if we have been to Canada before? I said "me yes, but my son it is his first time"...he asked me if I had been to Niagara falls before, "yes" i replied but many years ago...he said "ah! you will notice many changes".We board the coach and set ourselves for a 2 hour journey.

Along the way our driver points out many places of interest, these included the Old British Fort, long shipping canels, huge locks, monuments and quaint villages, also he ask the tourist on the coach, "as it is a beautiful day would anyone be interested in a helicopter flight over the falls?". I chatted with my son, about this, he is unsure as he is not good at doing heights...I remind him he has just gone up the CN Tower in Toronto, with no problems, but he still takes along time to convince. Only 4 people want to take this opportunity, but before any helicopter flight, the driver must make good his journey time, and still have time to make a detour to the flight area.

Our journey to niagara is to take us through the quaint village of "Niagara on the Lake". Im not prepared for coming through this village, think I was sleeping a little...by the time I get my camera out ready the nice views are passed...and then to be told we don't stop here is upsetting to me. coaches can not stop in the street, and must pay high prices in coach parks a kilometer away from the village. so we continue to a sheduled stop we are to make at the whirlpool on the river Niagara.

At the whirlpool sight seeing part of the River Niagara. where you can witness the force that the water still travels at from the falls some 2/3 kilometers down stream, here in the bend of the river that force has created a whirlpool, many boat in the passed and still to this day get into major difficulties here...many with serious results...the boats that do pleasure trips upto the Whirlpool are build for this job, they have seriously big engines to power the craft to the edges of the whirlpool and out again. Also here is a cable car that goes across the gorge, giving great views, our trip does not including this ride.

We leave here after 30-40 minutes, now the coach driver advises us his plan to detour to the Helicopter pad centre...where he will drop off the 4 of us who want to fly he will check us in, then take the remaining tourist to the falls so they can shop and look around niagara at there own leasure...then he will return and collect us after our flight is completed.

Our Helicopter flight is fanastic, but all over far to quickly, but so well worth the extra expence to experience maybe a once in a life time adventure. My son love it and his fears gone as soon as we lifted off. Due to our time flying, we lose time in Niagara's fun parks and shopping area, I Think the helicopter flight was a far better thing to do though...sorry my son" Jack" about the Fun Park.

On our arrival at the falls we are given our schedule by the driver...as to what time we have left at the falls, we must take lunch first at the Marriot Hotel. This was a buffet lunch with all you can eat arrangments of the most delicious foods. the restaurant area is high up in the hotel, giving us fanastic views across all the falls and looking straight across to the USA side of the Falls. After lunch we make our way to the falls and decide we must take the boat trip up the Niagara into the mist of the Falls.

The Maid of the Mist boat trip is our next adventure here, the waiting time is fairly long but that is good because this gives us time to let our big lunch settle...lol. before we board the boat we are given safety briefs and issued with blue rain macks...its is a very hot day already and wearing these makes us hotter...so we are glad to be under way and getting into all the cold, cooling mist. The Noise and sights are amazing, and we get so close to all the wallfalls...But the Horseshoe falls are simple the best. the trip last aproximately 45 mins but with the wait before hand allow yourselves 2-3 hours.

After the boat trip we walk along the walled egde of the Horseshoe falls and also go in and out of shop and galleries along the way. we stayed by the falls as the sun goes down, now would be a good time to be over on the American side,as I think they would see the Sunset. Never mind soon they switch on the coloured lights to make yet another feature of these Magnificant waterfalls. The day is ended by a big firework display over the falls.(this only takes place on scheduled nights). Time to return to the coach now,then once we are all boarded, the driver takes us around some of the night life areas that are now here in Niagara...do they add or detract from this lovely place...I leave that for you to make your own opinion.

Check Toronto Hotel Deals