Newton Hotel Hong Kong

Check Hong Kong Hotel Deals

Newton Hotel Hong Kong Reviews

kikofernanii kikofern…
A hotel with a view Dec 15, 2012
I had to stay for one day in Hong Kong coming from a trip in Africa. I was given the option to stay here at Newton Hotel. Coming from the airport commuting though the double-decker bus (hotel does not provide free airport transfer), I had difficulty finding the hotel. Asking around did not help much as people around surprisingly cannot speak English. Eventually, I found the hotel. However, I was told that the room is not quite ready yet. So I have to leave my bags and go somewhere to find food. It was already lunch time. I guess they could have bumped me to a different room which is already available.

At night, I checked the amenities and it says there's a pool at the roofdeck. I went up to see. But there's was nobody there. It was dark and it appears like the pool has not been used (or opened) for sometime. It was actually scary. The hotel manuals are not updated.

As I was at higher floor, my room offers a good view of part of Victoria Harbour. I can even see the International Commerce Centre (currently, HK's tallest skyscraper) at Kowloon Island. At night, I was able to see part of the famous Symphony of Lights.

Breakfast was overly generous. I love Chinese food so I appreciated the offerings.

The hotel is quite expensive. Not recommended for a budget traveler. But hey, this is Hong Kong. Comfort and convenience comes with a price. In fact, it may actually be one of the cheapest in Hong Kong that offers the same level of service.
northlight northlig…
good location for exploring hong kong island Apr 19, 2010
I stayed here for two nights and found this hotel to suit my needs very well. It was the right price range for someone like myself travelling on a budget, the room was fine, and the hotel is in a decent location. Being only a short stay in Hong Kong, I needed to be able to get around the city easily so I had time to see the best sights. On arrival at the airport, I purchased an 'Airport Express Travel Pass' for 300HKD. This card permitted me 2 airport express journeys and 3 days of unlimited travel on the Island, Tsuen Wan, Kwun Tong, Tseung Kwan, Tung Chung and Disneyland Resort lines on the Hong Kong MTR. The Newton Hotel is approximately a 2minute walk from Fortress Hill station on the island line, which you can connect with at Central station after getting the airport express train. When you exit Fortress Hill station, take the first pedestrian crossing to you're left. Head straight down this road past Mcdonalds and Electric Road is the next block across. When you reach Electric Road, turn right and the Newton Hotel is a few yards away. While I was there some construction work was taking place at the hotel, but this didn't affect my stay, the staff were friendly, and overall I had a more than satisfactory stay here.
Eric says:
Thanks for sharing your hotel review on TravBuddy!
Posted on: Apr 19, 2010
ahdai82 ahdai82
Good location May 10, 2009
A not too bad hotel... reasonable price for reasonable location and reasonable service...

Newton Hotel Hong Kong Overview

Location
The hotel is located on Fortress Hill, and is about a 45-minute taxi drive from Hong Kong International Airport. The nearest MTR Station is Fortress Hill, and is in the immediate vicinity of the hotel. Also easily reachable from the hotel are the bustling business district of Central, the shopping mecca of Causeway Bay and the bright lights of Wan Chai's entertainment area.
Facilities
This city hotel has 362 rooms in total. It is air-conditioned and has 24-hour reception and a hotel safe.
Rooms
All rooms come with an en suite bathroom, hairdryer, direct dial telephone, Internet access, minibar and individually adjustable air conditioning.
Sports/Entertainment
The hotel offers a rooftop swimming pool with a spectacular harbour view for complete relaxation. There is also a gym and a sauna available.
Meals
Guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast, lunch or dinner in the exotic atmosphere of our ever-popular Flamingo Cafe. A wide range of international specialities as well as local delicacies are available daily. Hong Kong Old Restaurant is a delightful Shanghainese restaurant with a warm and convivial atmosphere specialising in authentic Shanghainese and Szechuan cuisine, such as dim sum and fresh seafood, all of course at unbeatable prices, making it superb value for money.
Payment
American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard and VISA cards are all accepted in the hotel.

Newton Hotel Amenities