Newton Circus Food Court

Newton Circus
Newton Circus Food Court - Stall #26 at the Newton Circus Food Court
Newton Circus Food Court - Roti Bread.  San Famous dish
Newton Circus Food Court - A list of top options to try while your at the Circus
Newton Circus Food Court - Our Roti Bread 'Egg & Cheese'
Newton Circus Food Court - My friend Esia & I with San, owner of stall #26.  GO SEE SAN AT #26, if you are ever in Singapore!!!  :)

Newton Circus Food Court Reviews

wbboy29 wbboy29
Dec 26, 2007
So recently I have been lucky enough to travel all over Asia and in doing so was able to sample many types of food. Now I'll be the first to say that I am a PICKY eater. I don't always like to try new or unusual foods. So while I was recently in Singapore with some friends it was HIGHLY recommended to us to try eating at Newton Circus. An outdoor food court with about 100 different food stalls selling all kinds of different foods and drinks from all over the world. Now again food stalls on the street make me nervous..... even in the states, but I reluctantly decided to go with my friends and give it a try. AND I'M GLAD I DID!!! We were told to go to stall #26 and see San. He is a amazingly nice man in about his early 30's, and I believe from India. We were told to go to him and NO ONE ELSE. That he would take care of everything we needed, even if the food we wanted wasn't from his stall. And we were not steered wrong.

San is INCREDIBLE. He took care of us like we were a part of his family. He brought us multiple menu's from various stalls. We chose what we wanted and he did the rest, going to other stalls and placing our orders and checking back to make sure we were all right.

Now San's specialty at his stall is a bread dish called Roti Bread. I had never heard of it before, but it was fantastic. It's 2 thin layers of fried bread sandwiched around a number of options. I tried all of them, haha. You could have it stuffed with "Chicken & Cheese," "Garlic & Cheese," and "Egg & Cheese." Like I said I had them all, and they were all delicious, but the "Garlic & Cheese" was my favorite. I LOVE me some garlic, haha!!!

Other great choices that we had were Sting Wray (I had never had that before but it was very tender, juicy, and flavorful), Sweet & Sour Chicken (MY FAVORITE), and Nash's Chicken, a dish that San made especially for my friend Nash, from Lebanon.

Now as it goes for cleanliness, this food Court is CLEAN!!!!! You have nothing to worry about when it comes to that. I personally witnessed then cleaning down at the end of the night, taking out everything. Scrubbing, hosing, and washing down EVERY SERVICE, even going so far as to pulling out the counters, ovens, and grills and scrubbing the floors under and behind them.

Another great benefit to this food court are its hours of operation. I'm not sure exactly what time they open, but we went there in the early afternoon for lunch and they had already been open for a while. We also had a LATE night craving one night and found our selves walking there at about 1am, and they were still open (till about 2am).

So, if you are ever in Singapore I now HIGHLY recommend the Newton Circus Food Court. And if you go, make sure you go straight to stall #26 and see San. Tell him that Norm from the Disney group sent you, and he'll take care of the rest.

Have fun and safe travels!!!
Stall #26 at the Newton Circus Foo…
Roti Bread. San Famous dish
A list of top options to try while…
Our Roti Bread "Egg & Cheese"
wbboy29 says:
Absolutely!!! I would tend to get the sweet & sour there as well, and LOVED it every time. :~)
Posted on: Nov 22, 2008
gejah says:
My favorite sweet and sour chicken too! Thats the best place in Singapore to eat that! In holland i never had tasted it again. The sweet and sour is completely different here. In fact not nice at all!
Posted on: Nov 22, 2008