News Cafe

Anywhere in Jo'burg, Johannesburg, South Africa

News Cafe Johannesburg Reviews

SoloSister SoloSist…
Jan 03, 2008
Last night was my cousin's birthday and we all met at News Cafe for a quick drink that turned into a long couple of drinks.

News Cafe is essentially a resturant and bar turned nightspot after dark, although I think this happened quite accidentally. They have an extensive food menu and they food is really good and an impressive cocktail and shooter menu. Try the Liquid Cocaine shooters... YUM!

We went to the one in Randburg (next to KuDeTa) and it fills up pretty quickly with stressed professionals looking to unwind before going home (or possibly be avoiding but they have branches in Sandton (very yuppie), Rivonia (very loud), Fourways (never been), Cresta (very boring) - they are all over the place!

Whichever area you are in, you can be sure there is one not too far away and good option for breakfast, lunch or supper. Be it real or liquid :)
SoloSister says:
You're thinking of Monte Casino - which is a complex themed as an Italian village with resturants, stores, casino and night clubs.
Posted on: Feb 12, 2008
lvdp says:
Are these restaurants in the area where they put all of them under one roof, one part with bright sky and one in nighttime. I remember them because this was amazing! (and I ate my first antilope . . . )
Posted on: Feb 12, 2008