News Cafe South Beach

800 Ocean Dr , Miami, FL, USA
News Cafe South Beach - Ceviche! Admittedly, I don't remember what type of fish it was...I want to say snapper.
News Cafe South Beach - His
News Cafe South Beach - Outside
News Cafe South Beach - Hers
News Cafe South Beach - Beatrice and her friend, both from France. Bonjour!
News Cafe South Beach - Me and TB Beatrice!
News Cafe South Beach - Outside of the cafe

News Cafe South Beach Miami Reviews

Suusj Suusj
News Cafe May 28, 2016
We walked around for a bit before settling down at this cafe. Located on the corner of the street.

As Miami is a busy place this cafe gives you the right spot to sit, relax and watch pedestrians pas by.

Our waiter was a lovely gay who cracked jokes, brought our food in no time and was overall a friendly fella.

Food was nothing that special though it tasted good. I had (of course) a veggie burger and the husband went for a chicken burger. Our daughter opted for yet another bagel as she came to love those during our stay.

The 31th of May is a national holiday, that's the reason that there are barriers around the cafe ;).
Outside
His
Hers
Bagel for our bagel girl
Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Nice, informal place to dine on South Beach Apr 16, 2012
I met Travbuddy Beatrice (Butterfly971) and her friend in South Beach the day after I got back from South Africa. It was her last day in the area, and I was determined to meet her (I always try to go the extra mile for TBs) lol. So I got up early and drove down to Miami Beach to hang out with them for a bit before I had to go to work. We chose to hook up at the News Cafe, which sits at the corner of Ocean Drive and 8th Street.

Beatrice and her friend weren't very hungry, so we decided we would eat light. She ordered a chicken salad, and I split a ceviche appetizer with her friend. Her chicken salad turned out to be bigger than she expected I think, but she still managed to eat it all. :) The ceviche was wonderful and came with colorful tortilla chips. It cost about $14, which sounds a bit pricey, but it was worth the money. Oh, and it's open 24 hours.

It's definitely a place I don't mind meeting up at, so any TBs who happen to be traveling to Miami - if you want to meet with me, I'll most likely recommend that we dine here :)
Ceviche! Admittedly, I don't remem…
Beatrice and her friend, both from…
Me and TB Beatrice!
Jamal1280 says:
Thanks Bettina!
dahling says:
Any place open that long is a place for me - it is great when you arrive from overseas and of course, are hungry at strange hours. thanks for sharing, but if I ever go there - I'd go with you anyways
Glynnes says:
A very nice review. Thanks for sharing.
Jamal1280 Jamal1280
Nice, informal place to dine on South Beach Apr 16, 2012

oriel oriel
Great breakfast on Ocean Drive Feb 03, 2010
This restaurant was a block from our hotel on Collins Street but if it was farther away we would have walked there anyway, the breakfast was so good. This is one of those South Beach cafes that sprawls across the sidewalk to entrap the passing crowd but unlike many of the others, diners are attracted to the News by the quality of the food and the service. This is a great place to relax and to enjoy a leisurely meal while indulging in South Beach's primary activity - people watching! And don.t forget to check out the News shop next door. It has a massive selection of reading material for the inquisitive traveler
sirenn9 sirenn9
Jan 20, 2007
This is where we spent our last night in Miami and it was a great "night cap" to our trip. They serve alcohol (great mojitos, by the way) until 4:30 am and serve coffee and food 24 hours. They are right in front of the beach and it's a beautiful place to relax with some friends over good food and great drinks. Our waiter was this really cute Panamanian guy and he was incredibly charismatic. We asked him what it was like to live in Miami, and he really gave us a description of the lifestyle that has us DYING to go back- and it's only been a week since we left.

What we ate here:

-Prosciutto with fresh mozarella, roasted peppers and olives appetizers

The above appetizer gets an A+ in my book for being light, refreshing and really healthy without compromising taste and enjoyment. I definitely recommend it.

- Fried mozarella

This tasted good, but it was oily and very heavy. We made a mistake by ordering this because it didn't go well with our drinks and other appetizer. Not bad, though, if you want some serious comfort food.

I really recommend this place. The service stood out as being the best on our entire trip and the food was delicious.

Check Miami Hotel Deals