Newen Kara Hostel

Check Santiago Hotel Deals

Newen Kara Hostel Santiago Reviews

d2amy d2amy
Cute place, caters more too Chileans though Apr 29, 2013
We didn't have the best first impression of this place since the owner told my mom we weren't allowed to stay there because she didn't have a passport - it was stolen. I argued with her - she spoke english thank god - and she eventually caved but wasn't exactly thrilled with it. Besides this, she was quite helpful after I think she realized she was being a bit unreasonable.

Putting that aside, the hostel was amazing. The hostel does cater to business people from South America, so the atmosphere was pretty flat and it was a bit expensive. But we stayed in a 8 bed dorm, with the most comfortable beds and comforters, and it was only my mom, myself and one other person. The kitchen was fabulous, although we didn't use it, and breakfast was even better. They even serve it to you. The outside garden was beautiful, and it was a great place to have a smoke and drink a glass of wine.

The hostel is located next to a pretty fancy area where I imagine going out to dinner and exploring all the restaurants would be wonderful. We went out a few times, and it was delicious, although it was the same place every time because we loved it so much.

If I ever go back to Santiago with my mom, or somewhere where we need it to be quiet I would stay here, but if I go back looking to meeting friends, then I'll go somewhere else.
The comfiest bed and comforters ev…

Newen Kara Hostel Overview

If shopping is on the agenda, the Newen Kara Hostel is strategically situated to access Santiago's shopping precinct. Located in Providencia, the hostel is a perfect base while in Santiago.

The Newen Kara Hostel's neighbourhood is a popular nightlife destination and you'll be spoilt for choice when it comes to dining and bar options.

Constitution Square, San Cristobal Hill and Mercado Central are within easy driving distance of the Newen Kara Hostel. Santiago city centre is within an easy 10 minute drive. Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport (SCL) is a 30 minute drive from the hostel. Chile University, Plaza de Armas Main Square and Barrio Bellavista are under 10 minutes away by car.

Check Santiago Hotel Deals