Newcastle Beach YHA

Newcastle Beach YHA Rates and Deals

Newcastle Beach YHA Reviews

LinnyPooh LinnyPooh
Friendly, hospitatble accommodation Aug 27, 2010
Nice and quiet place (low season), friendly and knowledgeable staffs, attractive hostel with fireplace, clean bathrooms, located in a walking distance to bus and train stations...

The only complaint I have is the internet usage cost set at $4/hr.

I was there on a Thursday and got a free BBQ dinner. Couldn't have been better. Definitely recommended!

Oh and I paid 28 AUD/night.
Rubbertoe Rubbertoe
Newcastle Beach YHA Jul 01, 2008
I loved this place. Besides the fact that I become good friends with a lot of the staff members whilst working there in exchange for free accommodation, the hostel is really good. It’s an old building with lots of character, and all rooms are fairly spacious with tall ceilings. I had a room with a shared terrace and it was perfect for chilling out at night. There’s a massive communal lounge with old Winchester sofas and a big fire place. The kitchen is also spacious, I think there were 4 or 5 cooking stations, and the dining room is pretty big, bigger than any other hostel I’ve been in. The showers are great and there are plenty of them. I can also say that because I was part of the cleaning workforce, the standards of cleanness are very high, and I have heard other residents comment on this. The location is good, you can walk to all major attractions and there is a stretch of road close by where you can park your car free all day. The only complaint I heard was in regards of the internet, the service was expensive ($4/h) and it was slow. However, the library has free internet for 1 hour per day and is only 25 minute walk from the hostel. I also found a ‘free’ wireless spot along one of the major roads.

Like most hostels, you can book various day trips. I joined the wine tasting experience for $50 and it was worth it. We all had a great time and our guide, Tex, is the funniest aussie I have ever met. It’s worth going on the trip just to meet him!

Check Newcastle Beach YHA Rates and Deals