Newark Security Control getting in to USA

Newark Airport, Newark, NJ, USA

Newark Security Control getting in to USA Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Be patient Apr 01, 2010
My first encounter for many years with the control system in to USA reminded me of the one into China; besides the fact that I felt the American was much slower.

We had all filled out the application form on the internet as instructed and still we had to fill it out again in the plane. If there is something I dislike in general then it is doubles work; it is pure waste, but my guess is that it occupies a lot of administrative employees and that is what USA needs these days. Besides that the custom papers had to be filled out for another queue.

I felt I was lucky to get fast out of the plane after the flight, but we all ended up anyway in the same long queue. I was not allowed to display the magnitude of it because we were not allowed to use mobile phones or digital cameras. I measured the queue to approximately 800 meters and it lasted almost an hour to get to the control area.

Here I was greeted by a friendly woman who looked in my papers and asked me what my purpose and duration was of my stay. That was just before I ended up in a huge database with all my finger prints and the iris; welcome to the land of the big brother; I was laughing inside thinking of Will Smith in Enemy of the State. It is so easy for an American to enter Europe; maybe we should make an US queue in the European airports!
Chokk says:
@Pixie; there were some other things I didn't appreciate as well - I will get to those as well:)
apixie says:
I take it it is the only thing you didn't like about NYC?
mslellen says:
I agree - you said it exactly as it is - occupies a lot of administrative employees.

Check Newark Hotel Deals