New Zealand & New York

New Zealand

New Zealand & New York Reviews

matthijsverhoef matthijs…
Aug 17, 2005
It was very weird for us to say goodbye to Australia after spending more then 5 months there. We really didn’t want to leave I guess, because the next day we slept through our timer and almost missed our flight to New Zealand. They were already calling our names over the speaker in the airport. We arrived in Christchurch where we started the second part of our trip. We spent a few days there and rented a campervan. The freedom you have with a campervan is amazing; you can go and camp everywhere you want in New Zealand. We did a lot of wild camping to save some money, so most of the times we woke up with the most beautiful scenery. The highlights of the Southern Island for us were: Arthurs Pass, Walking on Franz Jozef Glacier, Milford Sound, Christchurch and Queenstown. Unfortunately I broke my wrist during a day of snowboarding in Queenstown. What a bad luck, for 6 weeks in cast so I couldn’t drive anymore. We spent 2,5 weeks on the Southern Island before we took the ferry from Picton to Wellington. On the Northern Island we went skydiving in Taupo, which was fantastic. Other things we saw there were the mud pools in Rotorua, Waupoa Forest and Bay of Islands. The last days of New Zealand we spent in Auckland.

Our trip through New Zealand was amazing, the scenery was incredible and the people very friendly. On the 28th of August we flew from Auckland for a stopover to Los Angeles and finally arrived in New York. The security there was very strict. They made Eye scans and fingerprints of me, they even checked my cast for drugs, unbelievable. The city of New York was fabulous. We did all the tourist attractions. We went to Broadway, Chrysler building, Ground zero, Central Park, Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building. On the 3rd of September we flew back home to the Netherlands.
Noaa_le says:
Beautiful photos!
The Franz Josef glacier walk is simply an amazing experience :)
Posted on: Aug 18, 2007