New Yorker Boutique Hotel

New Yorker Boutique Hotel Rates and Deals

New Yorker Boutique Hotel Miami Reviews

mslellen mslellen
Vintage Looking Hotel in Miami Jan 05, 2013
There's a show here in the USA where they take a struggling hotel and help it get back on it's feet. This hotel was featured in one of the shows. Doug and I own our own business so we do like to frequent family owned businesses and this one was in a location where we needed to be for one night so I though we would give it a try.

They have a van and will pick you up at the airport. They had us call when we got to the baggage area of the airport. By the time we got our bags and walked to the meeting point the driver was pulling up. What a huge convenience!

The area is not the greatest, but I never felt uncomfortable by the surroundings. It's just different from what most American's are comfortable with. Not a fashionable or touristy area but rather a very busy road in an area that is improving.

The lobby has a 50's style to it with typical Miami colors of the turquoise and pinks. The desk clerk was so happy and bubbly and really treated us like she was happy we were staying there. In fact Gloria and I found ourselves visiting the front desk just to talk to her, and then the girl that relieved her too. She even let us use the bathroom in their private office area - so Gloria and I got to sneak around a bit (love doing that kind of stuff!) They also have an ATM which was convenient.

Our room was a little on the barren side, but there was a refrigerator and some bottled water (which they didn't charge for), free internet and a good sized flat screen TV. And the bed was really comfortable with decent pillows and covers. No coffee pot, but it did have a small table and two chairs. The bathroom was pretty dated in a nostalgic kind of way, and only had a windowsill to put your things on. The tile was really old and looked dirty, but I think it was more a case of just worn out. I've seen much worse and it was functional, so not a problem.

There is a great pool and get this - it's open 24 hours - who ever heard of a hotel that let you swim whenever you want! Water was cold, so we didn't swim anyway, but we did hang out there until very late since it was pretty nice.

There's also a nice patio area with plenty of seating and tables. In the morning they had coffee, juice, bagels fruit and I think cold cereal. Nothing fancy, but good enough and not much different from what I would eat at home. Heck - we're going on a cruise, last thing I need is to eat a huge breakfast before I get on the ship.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel. It's kind of quirky and it's not a chain, cookie cutter, corporate, overpriced hotel, and you're supporting somebody's small business - which I would rather do.

There's a great restaurant about 2 blocks from the hotel - I can't wait to tell you about it and the food was better than anything I had on the cruise, and a party store almost next door so we were able to get beer for the evening, after all we are on vacation.
I didn't take a picture of the hot…
spocklogic says:
Nice 50's retro decor!
Posted on: Jan 24, 2013

New Yorker Boutique Hotel Overview

New Yorker Boutique Hotel is a unique blend of modern decoration within the shell of an original 1950s motel. MiMo Boulevard has become famous for its post World War II modern architecture and the New Yorker is a historic protected landmark along the boulevard. MiMo Boulevard is home to some of Miami's best restaurants. Michy's by world-renowned chef Michelle Bernstein, Balans, Uva, Metro Organic Bistro, Moonchine, and many more are within walking distance of the New Yorker. For hotel guests the New Yorker has negotiated discounts and giveaways with most local restaurants. A local laundry and dry cleaning service is available with free pickup and delivery, but you can also use the hotels washing machine and dryer at your convenience.

WiFi is available throughout the hotel at no extra charge.

The hotel has a swimming pool, which is open 24 hours a day and is for hotel guests only. Free parking is also available. Continental breakfast is included in the daily rate as well as complimentary Coffee Service in the lobby.
New Yorker Boutique Hotel is pet-friendly. 1 dog up to 15 pounds per room is allowed (surcharge and deposit applies).

Legion Park is located in front of the Boutique Hotel offering free Yoga classes every Saturday at 10 am, as well as jogging trails, volleyball and basketball courts. You may also practice your serve at the tennis courts or enjoy a quiet BBQ at available picnic areas.

Biscayne Boxing & Fitness Club is only a few steps away from the property and also offers special rates to hotel guests by presenting the room key. If you want to treat yourself to a relaxing massage, facial or any other Beauty or Spa treatment you may do so at Soma Lounge and Spa only 2 blocks away from the New Yorker.

For a small charge, New Yorker Boutique Hotel offers a convenient shuttle service anywhere within ten miles of the hotel. The hotel's central location puts it within ten miles of Miami's airport and cruise port, as well as Miami Beach, Coconut Grove and Coral Gables, Downtown Miami and the Design District. For shoppers Aventura Mall and Bal Harbor Mall are located only about 15 minutes from the hotel. Find great deals at Sawgrass Mills Outlet, about 20 miles away.

New Yorker Boutique Hotel Amenities

• Photocopier
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower