New York

New York, New York

New York Reviews

TheVictor TheVictor
Melting Pot of the World Aug 16, 2011
Arriving at JFK, we took a gypsy cab to Manhattan. My first impression was a sense of "I've been here before." New York reminded me a lot of my home town San Francisco, but on steroids with it's many towering sky scrapers and never ending honking.

Arriving at our hotel on the east side, I was surprised to see how many police patrol on foot, and how diverse the cities inhabitants are. I heard multiple languages being spoken and noticed the many fashions from around the world making their way through the busy streets. The saying "you can never be too dressed up" holds very true in new york. Its the only place where wearing a suit to grab a pie is the norm, and crossing the street is basically a fashion show.

One thing that really stood out in my mind are the many restaurants that filled every nook and cranny. Literally in a one block radius you could find an American steak house, Brazilian Cafe, Italian Ristorante, and a Sushi boat, all with great ratings. For foodie this place is heaven. New York is always innovating their culinary culture with wine & chocolate bars & Asian & European infused foods. I mean I found an empanada resturant with about 50 different variations, who does that?! The falafel food stands that stay open past the witching hour are great after a having had few drinks as well.

Shopping

Century 21 - def a must for some great deals on name brand clothing

Little Italy - just walking around this district we stumbled upon a designer sample sale and got some great deals on some truly unique clothing.
Time Square!
gaizka9 gaizka9
New York Museums Jul 21, 2011
Having lived here for awhile, I would say the best place to go in NYC is the Tenement Museum right in LES...the other museums have stuff you can generally see in Europe but this and Ellis Island are unique to NYC...so it may be a more NYC thing to do plus its really cheap
kirschpc kirschpc
New York Apr 22, 2011
Fantastic!I went to New York a few years ago. I went solo and had the best time of my life. the culture is amazing. So much to see and do even if your solo. You can walk all day and wont get bored. Its a 24 hour city and can always get a starbucks anytime.
lparisya lparisya
New York City Sep 24, 2010
Coming soon.... I am planning to write about Midtown, and some of my favorite things to do, and see, but I am swamped at the moment.
Nzelvis Nzelvis
Jun 26, 2007
Wow! There's so much to see in New York that this little review won't do much justice. You may want to start by just walking around the city. Head down 5th Avenue and check out the shops, interact with the people, and experience New York! Before you head south, stop in the Empire State Building and head to the top. You can go outside and be amazed by the view of the city. After that, head down to Battery Park and catch a boat out to the Statue of Liberty. Don't forget to check out the city from the boat! You'll want to spend a little time there. You may want to stop at Ellis Island on the way back, which is significant to Americans - this is where a lot of our ancestors came when they traveled over from their country. After the boat ride, spend some time in Central Park. You could walk around in it for days, but you may want to stop and catch a free show in the evening. What about checking out a baseball game? Be sure to stop by Times Square and check out the stores there. If you get there early enough, you can watch the Today Show filmed before taking a tour of NBC. New York's museums are some of the best in the world, but I won't cover those here. This should be a good start, enjoy your trip!
mbarnes says:
I'm going next week and I couldn't be more excited and overwhelmed. It sounds like there is so much to do, but since I know that I cannot possibly eat hundreds of meals, shop at hundreds of stores, or go to thousands of places there I know that I'm better off just taking it easy and taking in the things that I do come across. Other than attending a Yankee game I've decided against setting up a tight itinerary because while I would like to see everything that everyone says to see I think I can't go wrong with just experiencing it in my own way and maybe I'll stumble into some small treasure. Its going to be awesome!!
Posted on: Jul 13, 2008
perryk51 says:
I found your info helpful, I will be traveling to NYC in May 2008...the today show eh..sounds cool, I will try to check it out...
Posted on: Jan 04, 2008
hime hime
Oct 13, 2007
There are many many things to see! I recommand long-stay. But if you have only 3~4 days like me, you can join one-day tour. I could visit Times Square, Central Park, Dakota House, Harlem, the head office of UN, Brooklyn, the Staten Island Ferry, Ground Zero, the Wall Street, pier 17, SOHO, Washington Square Park and Empire State Buildig in an one-day tour.

The American Museum of Natural History was fun! I spend 4 hours there. It has many souvenir shops inside and I got a block of rose quartz. The planetarium was a little disappointment. But it is good to study space.

Absolutely I visit NYC again!

Check New York Hotel Deals