New York Pass

New York, New York

New York Pass Reviews

nielssss nielssss
Especially a good deal when taking the 7-day pass Feb 14, 2012
I bought a 3-day pass early January and visited a bunch of sites. The pass is really convenient to visiting all kinds of things in the city. Lists are available on the internet, so I won't put that here as it may get outdated.

It is a good deal if you intend to spend the 3 days going to things you have to pay for. However, if you are more low-paced, you might consider just paying for the sights.

The 7-day pass is a better value as you're able to enjoy a bit more. Especially since it includes free bike rental for a few hours, which you probably won't do on the three-day pass.

- You still have to get in line for several sights

- It does not provide access to the highest deck of the Empire State Building (although it is still good)

- Visit either Empire State Building or Top of the Rock at night and the other by day. The views are similar and seeing all the lights is really spectacular (both are included)
jackygoh1 jackygoh1
Value for Money Nov 21, 2011
New York Pass

I purchased the 7-day New York (NY) pass for this trip as it offers access to more than 55 attractions. I am really pleased with my purchase as it allows fast access to the Empire State building, National History Museum, Intrepid air museum and many more. I felt like a VIP as I saw many people queuing up to buy tickets in long queue while I had quick access. With my pass, all I did was to show my card and they gave me the ticket. It acts like a credit card and you can only visit an attraction once.

Make sure you plan your trip and not waste it shopping. The pass is worth it if you visit many attractions. You also need the stamina to explore. Be sure to read the instruction too. The Empire State building only allows you access to 86th floor observation deck. Also, you need to pay extra for special exhibition in some museums.

I purchased the 7-day pass online as I wanted to plan my trip in advance. I had to pay an additional $20 for oversea delivery for my New York pass, bus voucher and a guidebook, which has the location, map and operating hours of the attractions.

I made the mistake of purchasing the CitySights hop-on hop-off bus tour with the New York Pass. Just buy the New York pass. It comes with 1,2,3 and 7 days pass. I noticed another hop-on hop-off, the red Gray buses look newer and are more frequent.

Using my 7-day New York pass, I visited the following attractions

1) Empire State Building

2) Top of the Rock at Rockefeller Centre

3) Museum of Modern Art (MOMA)

4) American Museum of Natural History

5) Metropolitan Museum

6) Circle line cruise (3 hour tour around Manhattan)

7) New York Water Taxi (Hop on Hop off)

8) Statue of Liberty National Monument and Ellis Island

9) Interpid Sea, Air and Space museum

10) NY Skyride

11) Madam Tussaud Museum

12) NBC studio tour

13) Food on Foot tour

14) Solomon Guggenheim Museum

15) Dead Sea Scrolls: Life and Faith in Biblical Times at Discovery Times Square

It definitely helped me save money. If you go to Planet Hollywood restaurant for meal, they deduct $10 off the meal.

Just go to the site to find out more attractions and discounts.
New York Pass and 7 day unlimited …
jackygoh1 says:
Yes, but wish I could do more. :)
Posted on: Dec 10, 2011
Chokk says:
You did a lot ;D
Posted on: Dec 10, 2011
mfmcp1982 mfmcp1982
A great way to save money and time at the major sights, as well as a chance to see stuff you maybe wouldn't pay to get into! Feb 13, 2005
This is a great card for anyone visitng NYC and wanting to see all the top stuff and not pay top price for things. It might seem a big lay out at one time, but the amount you hand over for entry to attractions quickly out numbers it.

You get free entry to more than 40 attractions ranging from the United Nations tour (we did that), Empire State Building (did it), Rockefeller Centre tour and the Central Park Zoo. You can also cut queues with it - very helpful - get discounts at places like Macy's and Bloomingdale's and discounts of up to 25% on Broadway tickets. You also get a free guidebook (140-ish pages),

You choose either a 1,2,3 or 7 day pass which for adults (12 years plus) costs from $69 to $165 - they sometimes have web sales, so it's worth checking before you go.

We used our 3 day card quite a lot - Empire State, NBC Studio Tour, we got a discount on our helicopter flight, Circle Line Sightseeing Tour (ferry to Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island) was free, the New York skyride at ESB, and there's also discounts at some eateries.

It was great for us because the weather was so bad we could duck into places when the rain came in which is how we came to be doing the CNN tour!

We'd definitely get it again when we go back - you can now get into the Bodies exhibition which is about $25 each for entry. I think the attractions change so just check the website.

Highly recommended - anything that makes life easier is good in my book!
tomtomski says:
We also used a 7 day NY pass and it was well worth it. We visited more than we payed for :) I definitely recommend to do the circle line cruise and visit Radio City Music Hall.
Posted on: Feb 06, 2010
marksreynolds says:
Have to remember this the next time we go :)
Posted on: May 31, 2008
tvillingmarit says:
I`ll keep this in minde, hope to visit NY in the next few years
Posted on: Mar 24, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About New York Pass

6th Day in New York: Great food and Awesome day!
On this day, I woke up slightly late at about 7.40 am. I decided not to have a heavy breakfast as I would go for the Food on Foot tour which was included in my New York pass. If you don't have the pa…New York pass. If you don't have the pass, you actually need to pay $49.  I planned…
I am a tourist!
Well I've spent the last two days being a power-tourist. I bought a New York Pass, which you pay one large amount & then you have entry to a heap of attractions & tours. So I bought just a 2-…New York Pass, which you pay one large amount & then you have entry to a heap of attractions…
7th Day in New York: When you go to New York, you see the World.
Today is the day to explore the museums and cultures of the world. New York has some of the world class museums. When you visit New York, you visit the world. New York has many great arts and artefac…New York pass. After a full breakfast, I walked from 45th street to the Metropolitan museum which is located…

Check New York Hotel Deals