New York - New York Hotel and Casino

New York - New York Hotel and Casino Rates and Deals

New York - New York Hotel and Casino Las Vegas Reviews

trinademattei trinadem…
Great Price and Location on the Strip Aug 12, 2014
I stayed at the New York New York when I was working in Las Vegas in August 2014. The hotel is an excellent location right on the strip, We found an excellent deal on on a last minute stay. The check-in process was simple and the staff was very friendly.

The room was decent in size and the bathroom was fine. I did think the decor of the room might be themed like the rest of the hotel but in fact it was very plain. I'm not really one to care about decor, I just thought I'd mention.

The hotel/casino offers plenty to do. I spent a few hours on the casino floor playing the penny slots. I didn't win much but it was fun. I enjoy the variety of restaurants that the hotel offers. I especially love the "Nine Fine Irishman" pub that is on the casino floor. It has a great atmosphere and you can sit directly on the strip.

Parking is free at the casino and it is only a short walk from the parking lot to the hotel. For breakfast, the restaurant choices were a bit limited. There were plenty of places to grab something to go but only one dining establishment seemed to serve breakfast and it was a bit crowded for that reason.

The hotel theme is very cheesy but I love it! You can ride a roller coaster, a tad pricey but it is fun. I think the best thing about the hotel is the price sand the location. If you want to stay on the strip I think the New York New York is a great choice.
Fake NY
mountainkb mountain…
Closer to the MGM action than a MGM hotel room and half the price. Jan 21, 2012
If just looking for a no frills Vegas hotel room, New York New York is it. Great location to the MGM action, not to far from Bellagio, but honestly half the price. Best of all is the great little resteraunts and ESPN Zone if enjoy eating and watching sports. Weakness would be the sports book, no where to sit and relax to watch the sports book. Been to the Bellagio and Ceasers, nice rooms and big hotels but also big price of 5 star luxary. Do you really need that in Las Vegas for just an average tourist seeing Vegas for first time, probably not.
kat307 kat307
New York's home away from home May 04, 2012
I didn't stay here, so I am just reviewing the entertainment on offer at the casino and general atmosphere rather than the accommodation.

We went to New York, New York casino mainly to go on the rollercoaster - you can't miss it as it sticks out of the building and you can see it behind 'the statue of liberty'. It was quite the maze inside the casino to actually find the rollercoaster entrance, but we found it eventually. There are lockers provided to put your stuff, it was just a couple of quarters to use them.

The rollercoaster itself was one of the best I have ever been on - so much fun! Lots of loops, great views, fast speeds and it lasted for a good while too. Loved every second. My sister did complain that the harness hurt her shoulders quite a lot, but I was ok.

It's $14 to ride the rollercoaster which I thought was very reasonable. There are also discounted re-ride tickets available and you can even get married on the rollercoaster!!

Afterwards we went to Nathan's hot dog place, which is originally located at Coney Island in New York City and is famous for hot dog eating contests. The casino had a small Nathan's near the rollercoaster and we stopped for a tasty hot dog.

Inside the casino was also really cool, they made it look like New York streets with building faces and fire escapes. Outside is also a partial Brooklyn Bridge, and of course a duplicate of the Statue of Liberty. I think New York is a fantastic place, so of course it is a brilliant theme for a casino!
At Nathan's hot dog place.
'Brooklyn Bridge.'
Casino floor.
Faux building fascias.
juleigh juleigh
Ticks all the boxes, saves money for other attractions Oct 13, 2012
I stayed here with my partner for a few nights in November 2011, had a upgraded room with a big spa and lots of space. Our friends had a smaller standard room and that was fine, too.

The best thing about this hotel is its connections to other casinos, rarely do you have to take a taxi anywhere, and there are lots of free shows at MGM and other surrounding hotels, so staying at NYNY you're basically up for: room charge + food + gambling.

We liked the pizza place downstairs, cheap meal and drink for $5-6. The restaurants in there are really overpriced, and the quality of the food isn't great - the Asian restaurant and Irish pub come to mind as things to avoid if you want to save money.
MJBridwell MJBridwe…
Great value on the Strip. Jan 09, 2011
I stayed in the NY/NY for my dirty 30 birthday in February of 2010.I found a deal on Expedia that gave me a buy 2 nights and get the third night free.This helped because one night was a weekend night.The NY/NY has it all (nice places to eat,plenty of gaming,a roller coaster on the side of it,and plenty of New York trademarks.)There is a great restuarant called Nine Fine Irishmen where every brick of the place was shipped directly from Ireland.Food is great too.I partied at Club ROK Vegas which was a lot of fun.If you come to LV you need more than 4 days but I had a good time.The hotel is perfectly situated on the strip and cannot stress its value enough.Once you go sign up for a player's card so they can track the money you spend.They will send you offers after so that you will never pay full price for lodging.ANy other questions inbox me.I have more info to give :)
Shawnlikestravel Shawnlik…
Great hotel at the Strip Apr 26, 2011
New York New York has fast food, restaurants, intimate dining and bars so that were many choices and really convenient.

The room is big and clean. However, the bathroom was small.

The hotel is located at the south end of the strip. Easy walking distance to the monorail.
kyuri18 kyuri18
Not too bad for the price Jul 28, 2009
It is located close to the airport and adjacent to the MGM. The setting of the hotel which imitated New York was pretty amusing, and it has a roller coaster which is one of the big attractions in Vegas. The hotel is connected to the MGM, so I could go over to see the lions or to have lunch at the MGM buffet.

Although there was nothing to complain about the facilities, the room itself was a little disappointing. The furniture and the TV looked dated, and the room was too dark. The bedding was uncomfortable, especially the pillows. Also, there was no fridge, minibar, and coffee maker in the room. I was told that they can bring the fridge in only if I have medicine.

However, considering the rate which was only about $100 per night, I think it was not too bad.

Lastly, please make sure that you don't have a room close to the roller coaster. Otherwise, the noise from the coaster will keep you awake all night.
kyuri18 says:
Ha ha. You're right.
Posted on: Nov 27, 2010
Mark_Norman says:
Noise from the coaster keep you awake all night?....there is no sleeping in Vegas! haha :)

Great review!
Posted on: Nov 27, 2010
stevemco stevemco
Affordable luxury in a great location Oct 31, 2009
This is a great moderately priced property located at the southern end of 'the strip'. Gets top marks for value... Vegas on a budget
mkarinaa mkarinaa
NYNY Sep 12, 2009
The regular rooms are kinda boring but if you get an upgrade they're a big nice and a comfier bed which is a big thing in Vegas, you need to be well rested after all the partying.

The location is great and it has really good restaurants, chinese, mexican, american, whatever you like, plus an awesome pizza parlor.

New York - New York Hotel and Casino Amenities

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Express Check-In/Check-Out
  • Shoe Shine
  • Free Parking

Related Travel Blogs About New York - New York Hotel and Casino

This is the beginning of the end.
OdaibaWe got back to the hostel around 730 am, one of my roommates also came back, he said he just left the nightclub.  He had a good time for sure then.  I slept for 2 and a half hours…Las Vegas hotels and casinos, such as Paris, New York, and Caesar’s Palace.  I ate my lunch…
Previous Hotels - Hostels
Previous Hotels - Hostels:- London, England * Queens Hotel (2008, 2010).- New York, NY, USA * West Side Inn, Jazz On The Park (2009, 2010).- Las Vegas, NV, USA * Golden Gate Hotel, Fitzgeralds C…New York, NY, USA * West Side Inn, Jazz On The Park (2009, 2010). - Las Vegas, NV, USA * Golden Gate Hotel, Fitzgeralds Casino

Check New York - New York Hotel and Casino Rates and Deals