New Years Eve in New York

Times Square, United States
New Years Eve in New York - Getting penned in!
New Years Eve in New York - Night time on Times Square!
New Years Eve in New York - The ball before it dropped!
New Years Eve in New York - Free stuff!
New Years Eve in New York - Confetti falling from the skies!

New Years Eve in New York Times Square Reviews

mistere mistere
Something you have to do once in your life.. Jun 14, 2011
At the end of 2008 I decided to go to New York after a six month spell in the desert. I think I was actually glad there was cold weather when I arrived!! Before I went the only time I'd seen New York was on the TV and I was curious to see what it was like!

One of the main reasons I went was for New Years Eve in Times Square. It was something that I had seen only on TV before and something that looked like an immense thing to experience!

My then girlfriend and I decided to go to Times Square relatively early in the afternoon to look around and ended up being put in small enclosures. The reason for this was for security reasons and we were checked on the way in. I think that was probably the worst part because we had to basically stand in the pen for hours!

Some people have said it isn't worth it for that reason but I disagree! I think it is something you need to do once in your life and a few hours is nothing really! While we were standing in the pen there were live acts such as Kid Rock, The Bravery and also the then American Idol winner. This kept us occupied while we were standing around and the atmosphere was great!

All the standing around was worth it when everyone counted down and the ball dropped! There was confetti falling from the sky and it was an amazing scene! Something you have to experience at least once in your life!
Getting penned in!
Night time on Times Square!
The ball before it dropped!
Free stuff!

Related Travel Blogs About New Years Eve in New York

New Year's Eve on Times Square.... or somewhere near
Of course I wanted to go to Times square. Of course! But I were warned by the locals. People who live here, actually don't go spend New Year's Eve on Times square. Because that's nuts. It's freezing …Year's Eve on Times square. Because that's nuts. It's freezing cold and you have to be there hours before midnight.   And once you have found your…

Compare Manhattan Hotel Rates (1km away)

Times Square Map