New Windsor Hotel Luxor

Check Luxor Hotel Deals

New Windsor Hotel Luxor Reviews

Transitory Transito…
Nice facilities though inadequately maintained. Apr 12, 2009
Windsor Hotel was booked through Sara Inn hostel where I and my friend stayed in Cairo as part of a package tour of Luxor. When we drove up to Windsor, it seemed nice, located on a quiet side street, a block from the Nile, located right near a few grocery shops, MISR bank, and souvenir shops.

Upon entering, one walks thru a metal detector that would noisily go off but there was no real security, it seemed just for show. The lobby was pretty, marble floors, fine furniture. But on closer inspection the furniture was unclean, and smelled slightly. I thought, this is a 3-star hotel? Well, I could get past that, as this was only the lobby, no big deal, EXCEPT it became just the precursor to the poor way the hotel was maintained.

About four feet from the reception desk was the WC, and one could smell it three feet from the entrance to the WC.

Moving on, a hotel employee carried our bags to the lift, we got off on the second floor, and spied a fairly nice sized pool, and continued on to our shared room. The room seemed nice enough, though the bathroom also smelled a bit. I am not sure if there is a sewage problem or the hotel was just not cleaned frequently. Although, Ann took a shower and said that that was the sort of bathroom that made you feel dirty after-

Anyway, later on that night, when I went to sleep after some site-seeing, I pulled back the sheets and there were four or five drops of blood. It seemed a previous guest had menstruated on the sheets and the staff had not bothered to change the sheets.

Also, another guest had said he had visited the rooftop bar and it seemed like it was closed for years, dusty, abandoned. Whether inside, or outside of Windsor Hotel, the place felt a bit grimy.

I was so relieved we only stayed there the one night. Also, the staff ranged from friendly when we had breakfast but the rest would play very pleasant but would not do anything about our requests, such as when we asked for someone to show us how to use the A.C.

Windsor Hotel has great facilities, and amenities like t.v., phones and fridge in the rooms but is just so poorly taken care of, I can't recommend it. And I don't believe basic cleanliness is too much to ask for in the room one is staying in, as I saw a decent standard in the hostel I stayed in Cairo, Sara Inn. It's one thing the lobby is not taken care of, or the pool, or the rooftop bar, quite another to have blood on the sheets!

New Windsor Hotel Luxor Overview

A city center location within walking distance of key tourist areas makes the New Windsor Hotel Luxor a good choice for leisure travelers, but its proximity to the commercial areas of the city make it a good option for business guests as well. It is almost directly adjacent to the Luxor and Karnak Temple complex and steps to the Nile. It is also near the Luxor Museum and marketplace as well. Visitors can also head to the waterfront to hire a shuttle to the West Bank to view many more sites, including the Valley of the Kings. The New Windsor Hotel Luxor is located on Nefertiti Street, and is 4 miles from the Luxor International Airport.

Each guestroom in the New Windsor Hotel Luxor is equipped with satellite TV, a private balcony, climate controls, direct dial phone service, a mini-fridge and microwave, and a large private bathroom.

Those staying at the New Windsor Hotel Luxor will greatly appreciate the fine facilities and services, including 24-hour front desk service, a lounge with bar service, a business service center, a café, meeting and conference rooms, a currency exchange, pet friendly policies, a modern fitness room, news stand, an in-house restaurant, and a swimming pool.

New Windsor Hotel Amenities