New Royal Hotel New Delhi

Check New Delhi Hotel Deals

New Royal Hotel New Delhi Reviews

Biedjee Biedjee
Like a prison Sep 10, 2010
Ok, this was a step back in standards after my trip with Ed. Since the only part of Delhi which I hadn't visited yet was Old Delhi, I wanted a hotel close to these sights. The New Royal Hotel is situated opposite the Old Delhi Railway station, within walking distance from the Red Fort, Jama Masjid and Chandni Chowk.

The info on their website looked pleasant enough and there was one glowing review on Tripadvisor (which I now expect to be fake, since it was a little too glowing in hindsight).

That is not saying the New Royal is a bad choice though, but be prepared. Inside the place looks like a prison. It wouldn't surprise me if the building used to be a prison before.

The rooms are clean enough, though they lack windows, toilet paper and, honestly, matresses. I can live with missing the former two (toilet paper can be bought, and windows are overrated, at least, in cities), but I do like to sleep on something a little more comfortable than a wooden plank.

I had a room with private shower (cold) and air-conditioning, which cost Rs 600. A room without A/C costs Rs 400. This is supposedly cheap, but for what it was I found it rather overpriced. I have stayed in cheaper and better places in Turkey for instance. And Turkey is an expensive country!

That said, I was not able to find a cheaper place with similar amenities in the area.

The staff doesn't speak much English, but they are very friendly. When checking out I asked if I could leave my luggage and they they let me keep the room until late afternoon instead, for no extra charge.
My cell, err, room
Inside the hotel looks like a pris…
bert1978 says:
thanks for the warning :-)
Posted on: Nov 03, 2010

New Royal Hotel New Delhi Overview

Cathedral Church of the Redemption is within easy driving distance of the New Royal Hotel New Delhi. The hotel is conveniently located for sightseeing in New Delhi with Saint James Church only 10 minutes away. Tours and other travel arrangements can be organized at the hotel's tour desk. New Delhi city centre is within an easy 10 minute drive away. Connaught Place, Bengali Market and Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium are a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

New Royal Hotel Amenities

• Wake-up Service
  • TV
  • Excursions
  • Ticket Service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)

Check New Delhi Hotel Deals