New Orleans Hostel - Marquette House

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals

New Orleans Hostel - Marquette House Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
I had a peaceful experience there Oct 30, 2009
I don't have anything to complain about this hostel in New Orleans. You get what you pay for, right?

I was a bit reluctant to stay in a hostel in New Orleans since none of them have very good reviews, and some of the reviews were a bit scary. Anyway, I decided to give it a try, what's the worst thing that could happen? Also, this was going to be my first time in a shared bedroom, so I was prepared for the worst (like stoned-drunk loud teenagers throwing up in the middle of the night).

The hostel is in a rather dark neighboorhood but it is close to downtown and most places in New Orleans (not to a walking distance anyway). The guy at the front desk was a bit creepy but I guess it all added a bit of spookyiness to the Halloween holiday. I got my key, sheets, blanket and pillow and went to see my dorm. The bed was definitively small and the matress old and deformed. There was nobody else in the dorm at the moment, but later I found that I did have roommates. None of them was a problem, but I didn't have the chance to really talk to any of them. I had brought my ear plugs just in case, but noise was not a problem at all. I liked the dorm because it was split in two, so you would actually share your space with just other 3 people. I only had one guy in my room, but I never got to meet him.

The room and everywhere else was very clean, they did a good job. The showers were ok, but the door was a bit difficult to open/shut and the shower itself was too tall! I had problems adjusting to where I wanted it. Hot water was not a problem.

The parking lot for the hostel was kind of small, but I was lucky to always find a spot.

They had wireless internet at the lobby and you could store valuable items at the front desk.

This is definitively not a party hostel. I liked that. Overall I liked it and I would stay there again.
The lobby