New Orleans Food and Spirits

2330 Lapalco Blvd. , Harvey, LA, USA

New Orleans Food and Spirits Harvey Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Tasty cajun food in Harvey - New Orleans Food and Spirits Dec 29, 2008
I have eaten here different times and always liked it! It has different locations, but I just visited the one in Harvey.

This is a casual restaurant that according to the locals serves some of the best Cajun in the area. Among the most popular numbers are homemade concoctions like crawfish corn bisque, catfish stew and a signature gumbo. First time I was here, we ordered the Voo-Doo Rolls as appetizer and since then I have to have them everytime I come to the city, hehe. I'm a big fan of salads but also of shrimps and found the perfect salad here: "Shrimp Remoulade Salad" which mixes fresh veggies and lots of tasty shrimps, plus the typical Remoulade sauce. Portions are huge!!!

They also have combinations of a cup of soup / gumbo + 1/2 sandwich. Which is a very good deal!

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Feel free to ask them for recommendations. Although they were busy, they would do their best to be as fast as possible. Two of our voo-doo rolls were a bit overfried and they brought extra ones. We didn't even have noticed it, when they came with more, hehe.

The atmosphere here is casual and usually people who work in the area eat there or take food to go. I have done it, haha. This place is always packed, but no reservations are taken so arrive there early or be ready to wait. But if you have to wait, just do it. Trust me, it's worth!

A word to the hungry: Their heaping servings of fried seafood exceed all expectations
the menu
Tasty Shrimp salad - so many shrim…
Voo - Doo Rolls!!! Crawfish stuffi…

Check Harvey Hotel Deals