New Mandala Hotel

Check Lhasa Hotel Deals

New Mandala Hotel Lhasa Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Basic Hotel near Jokrang temple Dec 06, 2011
This hotel is part of the Lhasa tour package I booked from the travel agency called "Access Tibet Tour" in Lhasa which consist of 6N7D tour from Lhasa to Mt Everest.

Unfortunately I was sick while in Lhasa (get high altitude sickness), so I have to cancelled my tour and no refund provided and have to stay in Lhasa till I feel better.

The hotel itself is quite large and has good location close to Jokrang temple, market and restaurants nearby and many minimart next door. The lobby is freezing as no heater there, however once inside the room it's okay.

The room is quite spacious with twin bed, private ensuite and chairs, free tea/coffee with kettle in the room, television, air condition/heater, but the lights in the room is too dark (not enough light) and hurting my eyes. The hot water work well and has a good pressure. There is no wifi in the room however I am able to use internet in the lobby (but it's freezing). The hotel provide free simple buffet breakfast consist of eggs any style you want, bread, fruits, cereal, tea/coffee.

The staff is very helpful even though they couldn't speak English and one guy can speak a little English, and help me anyway they can especially when I was sick, they run to get a supply of oxygen bottle, medicine, doctor, food, etc, and keeps checking on me everyday to make sure that I am well.
Mnawin says:
Wow..going there must be big challange..Lucky, you have someone take care when you fall sick..
Posted on: Dec 06, 2011