New Joe Guest House

Chakrapongse Road next to Khao Sarn Road, Bangkok, Thailand - (+ 66) 2 - 281 29 48

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals

New Joe Guest House Bangkok Reviews

royalewcheese royalewc…
Unlike the others Mar 23, 2011
Being my third time in bangkok and the third time I've ended up in New Joe Guesthouse I thought I should contribute my thoughts. Yes it isn't the cleanest of places and it doesn't offer great amenities but it is cheap and provides a lot more than the others in the price range. compared to Green House on Rambutrri I got a big room with a balcony (which was really a door onto a large step, but better than a window onto a hallway) and a bed which wasn't as hard as typical thai beds for 30THB less. I wouldn't suggest staying there unless you wanted something cheap which felt cheap. But comparatively it isn't so bad.
Dina_3 Dina_3
Sep 16, 2009
Very cheap but not that clean at all. Experienced bedbucks, ants, mold and a bad smell.

For few nights for budget travelers doable.
sabzero sabzero
typical tourist trap Mar 10, 2008
New Joe Guest House is a cheap and not very clean place to stay!

The location is very good, because it's just a few minutes away from the famous Khao Sarn Road.

The rooms prices are between 300 and 500 baht.

You can choose between an A/C and fan-room.

I stayed in an A/C-room for 450 baht.

The bathroom was very small, but clean.

There was no TV or cabinet in the room.

There were a lot of ants in the room and in the bathroom.

I stayed just one 1 night because something very strange happened there...

I locked the room twice and went downstairs, just set down in the New Joe-Restaurant for 2 hours.

After I got back in my room my notebook, my camera and my mp3-player was missing!

The weird thing about this stealing was that the door was closed, like I left the room!

Also my lock @ my backpack wasn't damaged but my thing's weren't there anymore!

The receptionist wasn't really helpfulf!

I also found out, that about 7 or 8 other rooms missed a lot of stuff!

ferroo says:
oh no! thats really bad & unfortunate. I think you should lodge a complaint with tourist police.
Posted on: Mar 15, 2008
hayleyk83 says:
thats terrible!!! i will watch out for this place and stay well clear
Posted on: Mar 11, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About New Joe Guest House

Dan, Ben and Steves tour of South East Asia 2002
Wednesday 3rd April 2002 After 10 uncomfortable hours on lufthansa’s finest 747 we landed at Hong Kong’s Chek lap kok airport at about 7am, unfortunately we’d had seats in the middle row so di…guest house , very similar to #10 but no lake. Ate some food and went for a walk around the town. Very nice place not very much to see though…

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals