New Goreme Tour

Goreme, Turkey - (0384) 271 2166

New Goreme Tour Reviews

dardeb dardeb
Just another Goreme tour company Oct 08, 2012
There are so many tour companies in Goreme, and they all do two basic day tours, Green Tour and Red Tour. I chose New Goreme Tour to do Green Tour with them, because they had very good reviews. I didn’t care for the stories and history, I like to read and research that by myself, but I wanted to cover as much ground as possible without having to rent a car.

I booked directly at their office, and I believe I spoke to the owner. He wasn’t interested in bargaining, and most companies have the same price, 90TL. He tried to sell me other things, including a balloon trip. When I said I was planning to book Butterfly Balloons he tried to convince me to go with another company. I refused, and he wasn’t too pushy. I think he saw right away that I’m not an easy target and that I know exactly what I want.

Even though they go around and pick people from their hotels, he asked me if I could come by their office in the morning. I was close, so I didn’t mind.

In the morning when I got there, there were two minibuses waiting for us. They didn’t split us into groups, but rather let us pick a mini bus. My group had 8 people, including myself. The other seven were from the US.

Our guide was very nice, but I had very hard time understanding his English. It wasn’t so bad, but he had a very thick accent and I soon gave up on listening. He didn’t talk too much, and gave us enough free time in all the places we visited.

Green Tour included:

+ Goreme Panorama photo spot

+ Salome monastery

+ Ihlara Valley hiking

+ lunch in Belisirma village in Ihlara valley (lunch included but not drinks, and they were a little overpriced)

+ Derinkuyu underground city

+ Pigeon Valley photo stop

It started around 9am and ended around 5pm.

No shopping stops on the tour.
Salome monastery
Ilhara valley
spocklogic says:
We hired a driver for the day to take us around and see many things, but there were 4 of so it was a cost effective way to do it. They are not particularly expensive and another option of a group of people to get around and far afield to see quite a bit in a day.
Posted on: Nov 03, 2012