New Garage

NA - 241-41-85-15
New Garage - a bad photo of a menu
New Garage - Our rather ill-tempered waitress
New Garage - the sign, which is strangely in english
New Garage - wild boar and fries! delicious!
New Garage - another poor photo of the menu
New Garage - yet another bad picture

New Garage Franceville Reviews

jarv1506 jarv1506
Wild Boar and Gazelle Mmmmmmm! Aug 21, 2008
I can't really say what the street addreess is for this particular establishment, as I saw no street signs. However if you find yourself in the traffic circle of downtown Franceville, take the dirt side-street that goes uphill, and it's on your left. The restaurant itself was clean and well kept. The service had a lot to be desired, our waitress seemed extremely annoyed that we had decided to patronize her establishment. However, everyone else who worked there was extremely friendly. The prices average out to about $8-$10 per person which is a little pricey, but not too bad, as food prices in africa are pretty high. I had the wild-boar served in a local sauce(don't ask me what it was), and one of my companions had the gazelle also in a local sauce. The food was great! Any wild game being served usually sells out quickly in Franceville, so if it's available it's usually fresh. A healthy knowledge of french is recommended if you want to eat at any local establishments, as nothing is printed in english. Which is perfectly fine if you just want fries or a pizza, but if you want wild game the only way to really know what you're getting is to ask the wait-staff, who rarely speak english. If oyu get the chance to eat in Gabon at all you must try the local soda which is called D'jino and is bottled in Libreville, the grapefruit (pamplemousse) flavor is the best in my opinion. I tried ot get pictures of the menu, but my stupid flash was on and nothing came out, oh well.
a bad photo of a menu
Our rather ill-tempered waitress
the sign, which is strangely in en…
wild boar and fries! delicious!

Check Franceville Hotel Deals