New Big Wong

202-628-0490

New Big Wong Washington Reviews

alexindc alexindc
Best of Chinatown Nov 07, 2009
I've been to every resturaunt on the I Street block, and find myself coming back to New Big Wong again and again. Yes, we first went here because of the funny name, but were sold on the quick and friendly service and the excellent food.

Located in a non-descript basement spot, a little more than halfway down the "Eye Street" Chinatown block, New Big Wong specializes in Hong Kong-style dishes. At NBW you can find everything from the exotic (try the jellyfish salad and sauteed frog with chives) to the "normal" Americanized Chinese dishes, such as Kung Pao chicken, etc, all of which have been delicious every time I've gone. They have a very large menu, so take your time looking through it, and try to venture off of the American-Chinese path and try something authentic or bizarre. Either way, it's all good.

NBW is also open late (4am on weekends), so if you're coming out of a hockey game or concert at the Verizon Center, or just spilling out of the nearby bars, stop by for something good to soak up the booze.

Check Washington Hotel Deals