New Amsterdam Free tour

Amsterdam, Netherlands

New Amsterdam Free tour Reviews

curious_claire curious_…
So glad i went on this Oct 08, 2014
During my research of Amsterdam, which was done before i left, i hadn't come across this free tour of the city so was very glad to be told about it at my hostel. I went with some guys i had met at my hostel and i'm so glad i went!

The tour starts at the National Monument and you are guided around by a experienced tour guide who entertains you with the history of Amsterdam. I found it all very interesting. I was very impressed with the tour guide as he was able to answer every question that was thrown his way.

During the tour when you stop for lunch you also get a chance to buy tickets for other things. We all booked tickets for the Red Light District Tour (not free) and i also booked some queue jumping tickets for the Van Gogh museum.

I highly recommend this tour for anyone going to Amsterdam. But when they say free, it's not quite free unless you are comfortable not giving a tip to the guide. But it's how they make their money and it's why they are so good which is why i tipped him €10. Still not an expensive tour!
aloneinthecrowd aloneint…
New Amsterdam Free Tour Oct 09, 2012
I've found the advertisement of Sandemans New Amsterdam Free Tour at the lobby of the King Hotel and because I thought I would see more of Amsterdam's main sights if I join a tour instead of going alone. So, I joined it. And I didn't regret it :)

The meeting point is THE DAM and the tour starts every day at 11.15 a.m. and 1.15 p.m.. Meet-up is approx. 30 minutes prior to tour start. You can attend either a tour in English or in Spanish.

The idea of this tour is to show the points of interest by locals which gives you a different view on the site. The concept is as simple as genius. Because the guides "work" on tips-only basis the highest quality is guaranteed because they do their very best to make your day. The guides won't press you to tip but if you're satisfied a tip is a great way to say thank you for their time and effort.

The tour is a 3 hour walking tour and it leads you to the most interesting and nicest places in the city. We saw the red light district, learnt important facts about coffee shops, saw the Rembrandt house and statue, the Dam, the Royal Palace and some hidden places.

Every question was answered well and our tour guide David was very entertaining and funny. It wasn't boring for a second and even when my feet started to hurt he made this forgotten with his funny comments.

I can highly recommend this kind of sightseeing. I learnt that there a free tours in different European cities as well so check out their homepage: http://www.neweuropetours.eu/
The Dam
The Waag
One of the hundreds of canals
Rembrandt House
docime30 says:
Thanks for this review Jutta. Much appreciated. :-)
Posted on: May 28, 2014
KarinaKalinka says:
I will be in transit in Amsterdam soon and would love to do this..but I won't be able to catch those times!
Posted on: Jan 13, 2013
aloneinthecrowd says:
Thanks Lorna and Stacey :)
Posted on: Nov 22, 2012
christl3 christl3
New Amsterdam Free Walking Tour Mar 20, 2011
As i will always do, i am vouching for the New Europe Walking Tours. I have been on the Berlin one, London and Dublin and now Amsteram. They never disappoint.

We got a very cool tour guide from Australia who had lived in Amsterdam for the past year and he clearly loved living there and his passion for its history really came across.

Don't let the walking thing turn you off going because there really is not that much walking involved. You walk for maybe 4 minute stretches and then stop for about 6 minute intervals.

If you are metting at the cntral station meeting point do not be late because they leave bang on time every day!

I learned so much about amsterdam which i otherwise would not have learned. The guide had funny little anecdotes and interated with the group really well. Great way to meet people. HIGHLY recommended!
The Damrag
The Old Church
The tour guide!

Related Travel Blogs About New Amsterdam Free tour

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…free taxi coming and I figured I’d meet some of the other guests. As I had dinner got chatting to this Australian couple. Now how about this…
Dan, Ben and Steves tour of South East Asia 2002
Wednesday 3rd April 2002 After 10 uncomfortable hours on lufthansa’s finest 747 we landed at Hong Kong’s Chek lap kok airport at about 7am, unfortunately we’d had seats in the middle row so di…Amsterdam. We got a taxi back to the New Joe.   Sunday 9 th June 2002   Up at 9am and down to a café to get some breakfast…

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals