Neu Ternan Bar Ristorante & Pizzeria

Webergasse 38, Schaffhausen, Switzerland
0526247700
Neu Ternan Bar Ristorante & Pizzeria - Summer menu grilled prawns with salad
Neu Ternan Bar Ristorante & Pizzeria - New year eve dinner
Neu Ternan Bar Ristorante & Pizzeria - grilled prawns with vege part of the new year eve meal
Neu Ternan Bar Ristorante & Pizzeria - Octopus salad
Neu Ternan Bar Ristorante & Pizzeria - Octopus salad
Neu Ternan Bar Ristorante & Pizzeria - Complimentary drink (sorry too thirsty), bruschetta & bread

Neu Ternan Bar Ristorante & Pizzeria Schaffhausen Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Most generous restaurant ever! Oct 06, 2015
This restaurant is tucked in one of small alleys in the Old Town of Schaffhausen. I came here for the first time for a New Year’s Eve dinner in 2014, the new year’s eve 3 course meal was so cheap at CHF69. I was pleasantly surprised. The waiter including the owner, Gianni (who is Italian) of the restaurant welcomed us warmly and were very attentive. The waiter or the owner will even help put your coat away and bid you farewell at the door when you leave the restaurant. It is a very family oriented kind of place. We were always served by the same waiter and he gives us good recommendation for wine. So far I have returned to this restaurant on 3 other occasions.

So far, we have tried :

The different Salads

Bruschetta (do note that they always offer you this as complimentary when you are dining here for dinner so practically you can skip ordering a Salad for starters)

Rindfillet (beef) with sauce and mashed potatoes/ spatzli (which is essentially flour with egg)

Pizza

Pasta

Grilled prawns with grilled vegetables

Grilled tiger prawns with salad (summer menu)

Calamari with fries (this was a disappointment as the flour batter was too thick)

Tiramisu

Do note that so far in my experience, this is the only restaurant that offered the following items fully complimentary!!! :

Welcome apero drink

Bread

Bruschetta

Snapps (liquor shots to help us digest our heavy meal)

How generous is that? Especially considering that we are in Switzerland where dining out in restaurant is costly. The restaurant could have easily charged us for everything. We came here for dinner 4 times now and we still get these items free.

Despite the disappointing calamari, I would still recommend coming to this restaurant due to the friendly service and generous owner. It is also never crowded unless like on special dates (such as New Year’s eve), which is why I always want to come here to sort of support the restaurant. I really hope this restaurant continues to survive as we spoke to the owner, Gianni and he said no tourists ever come here cause of his restaurant location. I had assumed and he confirmed it, tourists usually go to Santa Lucia which is right in the heart of the main square. Usually he relies on the regular local customers and students come here for lunch for the cheapest pizza in town at CHF7.50. Their pizza is also recommendable for thin crust and generous toppings.
Complimentary drink (sorry too thi…
Summer menu grilled prawns with sa…
Octopus salad