Nepal House - Nepali Cuisine

(312) 922-0601

Nepal House - Nepali Cuisine Chicago Reviews

kayguarnay kayguarn…
Nepal House and Indian Food Apr 21, 2016
My friend and I decided to have a Nepali night tonight and took the El to this restaurant. I had actually met the owner at a fundraiser about a month ago and he told me about the restaurant, so I was excited to try it. I love Nepali food and have been craving daal bhat tarkari for a while now.

When we came in we were seated at a beautiful table and the host Govinda was very attentive. It turned out he is also the manager.

As usual I went to order my meal in Nepali and he was so surprised that he started speaking really quickly, which always makes me chuckle. I can understand and speak Nepali quite well, just not at lightning speed.

I asked him why I couldn't find the typical Nepali food except for momos and he showed me that there is a meal for 2 available. I waited until my friend decided on what she wanted, and in the meantime we ordered some momo. In the end we ordered the Veg meal for two. It was enormous!

And the most delicious portions of vegetables and rice and naan and paneer.

I do have to say that this restaurant is more catered to an Indian palate with their spices, and I missed having a dudh ciya at the end! But other than those couple of things, I really liked the restaurant and will definitely come back. Now that I know both Bala and Govinda, maybe I can convince them to make some dudh ciya and real daal bhat tarkari and buff momo!

Check Chicago Hotel Deals