19, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Neo Global Tapas & Luxe Lounge Kuala Lumpur Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Neo Global Tapas & Luxe Lounge Nov 04, 2012
Not many people are aware of this place because it's quite hidden despite being next to the main road. It's located 'above road level' and you'll have to take the stairs up.

I've been to this place several times for business meetings, and every time we went there, we were almost the only occupied table. The place is very quiet and it's almost like you've booked the whole restaurant.

Ambiance is great. Very cozy (sometimes too dark), quiet, comfortable, relaxing. Ideal place for a closed high-end cocktail. There's a big private room that could fit about 6 4-seater tables. There are about 3-4 private 'corners' for drinks. These 'corners' are like balconies overlooking the main street (closed windows and air-conditioned of course). There are also 2 other semi-private 'rooms' separated by sliding doors. And at the main lounge is the open air long bar.

Food is somewhat pricey, but up to par with its quality. They serve indo-chine cuisine with a touch of thai. Very tasty and appetizing. Portion is just nice.

Service was quite slow considering we were the only ones dining there. But, they have a 'sister' restaurant another floor up, which is called the 'Tamarind Hill'. Tamarind Hill is a more casual restaurant and less pricey. We presume there's a bigger crowd there, and the waiters/waitresses had to run both restaurants, hence, the slow service.

May I add that their restroom is also a 'good place to check out'? They have traditional wooden doors where you have to 'slide through' a a wooden bar to keep the doors locked - if you know what I mean. Unfortunately the restroom is too dark and girls, don't expect to do your makeup there.
westwind57 says:
Considering the name of the place, do they serve tapas as well? On our way back from Shah Alam, my colleague and I went to a place called La Bodega. It was somewhere south of Bangsar, Not so far from the Kelana Jaya LTR stop if I remember correct.Do you know that place? Was quite nice!
Posted on: Nov 06, 2012