Neil Hawkins Park, Joondalup

Neil Hawkins Park Boas Ave Lake Joondalup, Perth, Australia

Neil Hawkins Park, Joondalup Perth Reviews

Daive Daive
Love the wildlife! May 13, 2011
This place is best for people who don't get to experience nature trips much, like me- only because there are very few places to go to in in the city and the wildlife is not as cared for here, unlike in Australia and other non-third world countries. Sad, but it's a fact of life I have to deal with, which in turn, gives me so much appreciation for things that some people may take forgranted (only because they're so used to seeing/experiencing it).

Anyway, I recommend a visit to the park if you are an animal lover, a bird lover, or have kids who love animals or discovering things.

I have always loved animals since I was a kid and my visit to this park brought out the child in me. I was so awed at how birds of different species can just roam freely- no cages, no one harming them or trying to catch them (yes, that happens in my country :( ). And I saw not only ordinary birds, but even parrots, ducks, seagulls.... and even kangaroos grazing just before sunset! :))

Okay, the sign may have said no feeding... but hey, from the looks of it, people have been feeding them for ages! (and gimme a break, I'm a tourist!) Hehe.. I had something in my hand (not food at first) and they started approaching me (the parrots!)- soo cool! More so with food, they will follow you anywhere! So fun to watch! Haha!

Wish the Roos were more used to people though, I tried giving them bread too.. ;) But I'm satisfied (happy) with my photos. :)
Joondalup Lake Park
Joondalup Lake Park: Aussie seagul…
Joondalup Lake Park: parrots!
Joondalup Lake Park: a parrot stri…

Check Perth Hotel Deals