Negi Taro

Kyoto Dai-Ichi Hotel, Kyoto, Japan

Negi Taro Kyoto Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Good and convenient restaurant in my hotel May 07, 2013
Negi Taro is located on the ground floor of Kyoto Dai-Ichi Hotel, where I was staying. When I entered I was met by a sweet waitress, who spoke English. She immediately showed me to a table. Seating is in little booths, like an American diner. I was happy to see that they had separate smoking and non-smoking areas.

Before I had time to look at the menu, my attentive waitress gave me a menu in English. I guess it was written on my forehead "Do not speak Japanese"! I would recommend to grab both an English and a Japanese menu. The Japanese one is much bigger. Even if you don´t understand it, you can at least look at the pictures. Negi Taro serves typical Japanese dishes like sushi, noodles, tempura etc. and they are beautifully presented.

The first time I ate there was dinner, so I ordered a Negi Taro Dish, which consisted of sushi, noodles (hot or cold) and tempura. To wash it all down I had a small Atsukan sake. Besides sake they served beer, shochu, umeshu, cocktails and soft drinks. All at very reasonable prices.

My second visit was to have breakfast. I had a Japanese one, which was very good and plenty of food. They don't have a totally western style breakfast, but it's possible to get one with bacon, eggs, croissants and marmalade. Coffee, tea, milk, water and orange juice was at a beverage buffet.

If you are staying at the Kyoto Dai-Ichi Hotel, Negi Taro is a convenient and good place to eat. The food is good and nicely presented, but not as special as I would travel far to get there.

They are open for breakfast from 7 am - 10 am and for lunch and dinner from 11 am - 11 pm.
Negi Tao