Nefertiti Hotel

Nefertiti Hotel Luxor Reviews

itravel1 itravel1
Discounted Luxury Jul 05, 2014
~Dec 2012 & mid Dec 2012

After such pleasant stays lately I thought for sure things could only go downhill. After waiting half an hour at Luxor airport fending off the ravenous taxi drivers I knew the hotel(the one I booked for the following day, stupid!)was not coming to get me. Where to now....The Nefertiti, the only other name I could remember for hotels in Luxor and am I glad for that.

Right if front of the Avenue of The Sphinxes, just meters from Luxor Temple on a little street owned by the hotel sits the little gem, Nefertiti. Having no reservation and no single rooms left, I was pleased to be provided the triple for a single price. White sheets, pillow cases AND white duvets, better double check that price again, yep, 20 bucks a night! After showing me to my room on the third floor(the porter carrying my pack of course) I was lead to the roof top seating area on the fourth.

Beautiful views of Luxor Temple, Avenue of the Sphinxes, the Nile, and off in the distance the peaks of the valleys and The Temple of Hatshepsut. With Luxor Museum and Karnak just a walk down the road this place is very well situated.

The place is spotless, rooms, hallways, common areas even the street where they have outdoor seating for their restaurant. Fridge, tv, ensuite, daily housekeeping, a couple wifi signals and a bunch of staff that invite you every step you take, no wonder why they are almost full.

I booked a few activities with them at very reasonable prices and they were also happy to help with my personal walking itinerary. I ate several times from the house restaurant that served good food at a more touristy price, but the breakfast was free, fresh and buffet style with omelette bar and juices and hot drinks.

When leaving they even had someone go and purchase my train ticket for me, guess I was asking to many questions. After leaving Aswan with a couple of new buddies I introduced them to the Nefertiti on our way back north and they were more than happy. Again no reservation, but we pretty much filled them up even though tourist times are slow for Egypt.

If visiting again this would be my only choice, definitely no substitutions for Luxor.
roof top
Dinner on the roof
Mortyzia Mortyzia
A perfect place to stay in Luxor Sep 16, 2010
Nefertiti Hotel was a great place to stay in Luxor. They came pick us up to the train station for free after the long ride in the night train from Cairo. The staff was really nice and you can enjoy great views of Luxor temple and the Nile from the nice roof terrace, where you can also eat your breakfast, included in the price.

The food in the restaurant was also very good, and they also have a travel agency.

The room was big and very clean. It had been recently renovated.

There are three computers you can use to surf the net for 5 Egyptian pounds an hour, although by the time we were there there were huge problems with the internet providor in Egypt and we could hardly use them.

I think they have a show dinner in the roof terrace once a week, but we missed that. However, we did have a great evening there. A Southafrican couple decided to get married in the hotel, so there was a bit party in the terrace with a belly dancer, Nubian musicians, a snake charmer and a sufi-tannura dancer. We ordered our dinner there and had a great time with some other travellers.
View from the terrace
The Luxor Temple from the terrace
travelm42 travelm42
Very Very Nice!! Jan 04, 2010
This place almost seemed 5 Star after some of the places i stayed in. I stayed in a single room (70 egp). A huge nice firm bed,slept great in it. A small balcony,no chair though.Street noise was not bad. Close to Luxor Temple and the Tourist market. Staff was friendly and not pressuring to buy tours,etc.Breakfest included,consisted of 3 rolls,spreads,cornflakes and milk,boiled egg,tea/coffee.One of the better breakfests i had.Probably the only problem with my room was the very small washroom and that the water pressure was not that great at times.The rooftop is presently undergoing renovations,so no terrace.

Overall Nefertiti was a clean,quiet and relaxing place to stay.The food is excellent in the restaurant out front.Staff were great. The maid did an excellent job of cleaning the room.I would highly recommend the place.
trinademattei trinadem…
Location, location, location! Feb 14, 2009
First let me say, the hotel is perfectly situated directly in front of the Luxor temple. From the dining terrace you have great views of the Nile and surroundings. It is a very short walk from the hotel to the main Street which in lined with vendors and restaurants.

Second, the price is perfect for the budget traveler. The room was clean and the free wifi/complimentary breakfast was good. The terrace is a great place to chat with other guests and to get your bearings before touring Luxor.

The hotel is only a few minutes walking distance from the train station. The staff was very friendly. I had already booked all my tours beforehand but I heard that the concierge service at the hotel is very helpful.

I wish I had dedicated more time to Luxor as it is a great city!
The Neferiti
Great View! Neve mind my weird exp…
wiedemann wiedemann
Mar 21, 2007
I would rate Luxor as probably the most interesting place to visit in Egypt... If I were to go back again soon, I would spend most of my time there and snoop around at different things taking more time to do so... I guess first of all let me start with what to expect with regards to hotels and traveling around the area... When we got off of the train from Cairo in Luxor, we were already reserved in the Nefertiti Hotel, a reservation which can be made online at, this URL is also located in the Lonely Planet for Egypt. This was a hotel that i found searching through the book and it was a fairly decent rate of about 40 EGPs/night... translating to a very affordable 8USD/night. The noise was minimal, the hotel was very clean and well kept, there was wireless internet, breakfast on the rooftop cafe overlooking Luxor Temple, and there was also a tour service offered through the hotel...

I would also add that the tour service from the hotel was very cost-effective and very informative... Probably the most economical that we found there... The tour cost about 250EGP/day (tour guide included) translating to about $50/day (also air-cond) This tour included going to Luxor and Karnak Temples, as well as Colossi of Memnon, Valley of Kings, etc... pretty much whatever you could fit into your day in that area they could take you there for the same day price...
Entrance to Hotel

• TV
  • Bicycle Rental
  • Excursions
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower
  • Luggage Storage
  • Free Parking

Related Travel Blogs About Nefertiti Hotel

Convoys and Klutzes
To travel, by road, from Aswan to Luxor one must join the convoy.  Supossedly it's for your safety, but just how safe is it to have all the tourists in only one place (twice daily)? Anywho, the…Nefertiti Hotel offers guided tours of the sites on Luxor's west bank (where all the tombs are).  The only…

Check Nefertiti Hotel Rates and Deals