Needles KOA

Check Needles Hotel Deals

Needles KOA Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Typical KOA Aug 31, 2013
I generally don't like KOAs because they are not usually set up well for tenting, but rather, geared more towards RVs. This seemed to be the case here. It was mostly RV sites, but there were very few people here. The entire area was graveled, even the little tent pad. There was a sun shade over the tent pad, but it certainly wasn't a rain-proof roof! Each site seemed to have a water tap and "night light", and maybe even outlets. My night light wasn't working. The place also had some cabins for rent.

The bathrooms and showers were decent but super hot inside. I took a cold shower to cool down, but I was sweating again before I even left the bathroom! There was a small pool, small camp store and apparently wifi.

I'm not sure I would recommend staying here in a tent for most of the year. It was so hot that it was really tough sleeping. With storms that came through, I had to zip up the windows, making it even stuffier inside. This place is probably just fine for RVs or anyone that has air conditioning available.

This KOA has different pricing depending on how you pay. You saved $2-3 if you paid cash vs credit card. However, I didn't have the exact cash on me, so I had to fill in my credit card info and put the envelope through the slot in the door. I didn't feel comfortable with that, but didn't have much choice. There was a discount if you are a KOA member/frequent user or whatever the club was.

I generally do not like KOAs for tent camping and would not recommend it for that. In addition, it was too hot outside (it is a desert, after all). It was pretty typical for a KOA, however maybe lacking some of the ammenities for families - like play spaces. This one is located right off Historic Route 66.
pool - with a neat reflection
gravel sites
sunrise over the shower house

Check Needles Hotel Deals