Ned Kelly's Last Stand

2376 0562

Ned Kelly's Last Stand Hong Kong Reviews

Ils1976 Ils1976
great for drinks but that’s about it! Jul 24, 2013
This small restaurant is situated on one of the many side streets of Nathan Road on Kowloon Island and although it is run by Asian people, it really has an Aussie feel to it.

The restaurant itself has a very dark feel to it but a comfy one at the same time and everything reminds you about the late 1800’s because of the many decorations on the walls.

You can’t miss them, that’s for sure!

For the ones who like to have a few beers or something stronger, there is a daily happy hour from 11.30 AM till 9 PM and having tasted the apple cider myself, I must say that the Aussie drinks taste just as yummy as they do in the homeland.

Food wise this is a completely different story.

The menu offers snacks, starters, mains and desserts, so there is a lot to choose from and both me and Tania had a pick from the mains.

While Tania went for the steak sandwich, I myself tried out the Asian platter.

Although we had to wait quite a while for our food to arrive, I must say that I was utterly disappointed when it finally did.

The steak sandwich had more fat than meat in it, but according to Tania it was still edible. My platter on the other hand existed out nothing more than greasy food.

The spring rolls weren’t exactly crispy and filled with veggies and the same goes for the onion rings. I didn’t even find the onion part, it only consisted out of greasy batter. The skewers were made from fat instead of meat and the chicken wings, well … since they aren’t exactly my favourite food, I was a bit surprised to see that those were the only things edible on it besides the fries that is!

During our dinner a live band showed up who played some great jazz tunes, so I must admit that it wasn’t an entire waste coming to this place.

I can only give a thumbs up for the drinks and the great live music, but for heaven’s sake … stay away from the food or at least don’t order the Asian platter!!!
Aussie feel downtown Hong Kong
dark but sort of cosy
dark wooden benches
even the waitresses have their own…
Ils1976 says:
The drinks were more than okay Roger! :D
Posted on: Nov 15, 2013
X_Drive says:
I hope the drinks were okay! :D
Posted on: Nov 14, 2013
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured review! Too bad about the food though!
Posted on: Nov 14, 2013