Nawin Guesthouse

Check Phnom Penh Hotel Deals

Nawin Guesthouse Phnom Penh Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Good Quality Guesthouse Opposite National Museum Mar 20, 2014
I did not book this guesthouse – I actually booked Chansoda Hotel through booking.com. Unfortunately when I arrived at night time around 9.30pm, the reception did not honor the booking and said the room was fully booked. However when I first arrived, he greet me with different name – another woman name but it was not me. When I said it was not me – he fiddles a bit with the computer and he actually check me in, photocopy my passport and gives me a room no but no key, and when he could not find the key, he goes up stair and when he return a minute later, he said, the room was fully booked and there is someone inside the room – very strange indeed.

I was not happy with this, since I just arrived and it has been a long day, and I demanded him to honor my reservation through booking.com. He said he will find a substitute for my booking and he refers to this guesthouse and said this place has the same owner.

I said I will check the room first before I agree to stay here – since my booking was not refundable. The guesthouse is located next door from the Chansoda hotel at the alleyway. The reception goes with me to the guesthouse and let me check the room first. It was okay, some light on the alley way so not too dark and the guesthouse look clean.

I checked the room on the third floor – there were no elevator on this place and the room was spacious with one big double bed and one single bed, old wardrobe, desk, and old television. The bathroom was really old and need more cleaning, and the shower head was not working. Basically the water just come out from the big tap – not from the shower head and no hot water here since it was not working. The air condition also not working, just blowing a hot air. There were a fan, but same, no cold air. So it was very hot during night time – and I could not sleep well in this place.

However, it was very quiet at this place and I did not hear anything, not even the next door neighbored. I have ginger tea and one big mineral water which cost usd 1 each at this place.

The reception did not speak much English but I did not communicate much at this place since I arrive quite late at night.

The internet available throughout the building but connection was not very good, it keeps cut me off and on all the time and I get tired after a while.

The next morning, I have breakfast at Chansoda hotel and I demanded to move to their hotel as per my booking through booking.com. They said okay I can move to their hotel in the afternoon.

It was okay for one night stay, clean enough for the room and probably better room than the one I have at the Chansoda hotel the next morning, albeit the air condition which was not working.
bedroom
bedroom
basic bathroom
the hallway outside the room
gingerbatik says:
I guess, I was lucky get a big room for myself:)
gingerbatik says:
ha..ha.. what a small world:)
hightide says:
I stayed at this guesthouse too with similar experiences! :)
hightide hightide
Decent for a budget stay Dec 24, 2014
I stayed here through my Geckos Adventures tour. I booked at the twin share rate; however, I was allocated a room all to myself as Geckos didn't have another female to room with me.

The welcoming guesthouse staff offered to carry my bag up to my room. There were no lifts, only stairs. My room was small but comfortable enough for one person. Despite the guesthouse being quite busy on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I didn't hear noises from other rooms. Room had AC. Walking barefooted, the bedroom floor was a little dirty/dusty. The wardrobe was filthy- at first I didn't notice, but when I grabbed my knickers that I washed and hung at the clothing rung, it was stained with dust that I had to wash it again. The shower water pressure in the bathroom wasn't strong enough, so I decided not to waste time and just took a shower by alternating between standing and squatting position using the tap below it. The bathroom floor was a little slippery. I didn't try the warm/hot water function but some of my tour mates complained that the hot water wasn't working.

Wifi was available in the room albeit somewhat spotty, so I would go to the lobby to get a better signal. The lobby was full of mosquitoes at night.

Hotel's location is ideal - just a few minutes walk to National Museum, Royal Palace and riverside.
Lobby of Nawin guesthouse