Navy Pier Dive Site

Exmouth, Australia

Navy Pier Dive Site Exmouth Reviews

sshaunaa sshaunaa
A great dive site when visiting Exmouth May 06, 2009
I dove the Navy Pier in Exmouth on May 2 2009. The only diving company allowed to use the pier is Ningaloo Reef Dreaming.

The pier is about a 20 minute drive from Exmouth town centre. Depending on the tide, you can either dive once or twice and on some days, they have a night dive as well.

The cost of the double dive is $230, the single dive I believe is $180 - $190.

Although it is expensive, I found the site to be a very great day of diving. One, because there were lots of fish, and two, there were two dives and it didn't involve spending time on a boat.

Some of the fish we saw included (please excuse my spelling mistakes):

- white tip reef shark

- giant potato cod and several smaller ones

- wobbiegong shark

- lion fish

- huge school of trevally

- huge school of barracudas

- a frog fish

- octopus

- nuddibranches

- moray eels

To me, it was like diving in a bowl of fish soup. There isn't much reef, as the dive site is really the metal structures of the pier. The pier is only used twice a year by the navy, so the site is untouched other than from divers. So it was quite a change from the Great Barrier Reef, but an easy dive and you could see plently in the time underwater.

Because the deepest point is 14 metres, our two dives lasted about 50 minutes each. So alot of underwater time for your money. Visability was great as well on the day I went.

I highly recommend the dive if you don't mind paying $230. Other dives in the area are double boat dives which range from $160 - $180.

Photos below were taken with an underwater film camera.

Check Exmouth Hotel Deals