Canary Islands, Spain

Naviera Armas Canary Islands Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Naviera Armas Jun 08, 2014
Ferries in Canary Islands are quite expensive. When I searched the price online I found that it is about €22 per person for a 25 minute journey between Lanzarote and Fuerteventura (it is the shortest distance between islands) and about €35 for a 3 hours journey between Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria! Residents of the Canaries of course get a 50% discount. Only on Mauritius and here I have seen such a discrimination. Because for me it is a discrimination.

I searched more deeply and I found Naviera Armas who had a special running (at least between Lanzarote and Fuerteventura) €14 per person. Seemed much more reasonable. I chose Naviera Armas twice. First time from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura and then from Fuerteventura to Gran Canaria. You can buy your ticket online and print your boarding pass, or just take your confirmation number to the ticket office at the port and they will print a boarding card for you. You can buy a ticket in the port office as well. It is not hard to find the office. It is usually somewhere near the Fred. Olsen Express and CICAR offices, so it is enough to find just one of them and you are at home. I don't like leaving such things for the last moment so I bought it in advance. The ferry wasn't full. We had been told to board 40 minutes before departure time. We had some problems on Fuerteventura with A. boarding pass. The lady at the office made a mistake in his name and also put a wrong passport number. She put Schengen Visa number instead the passport number. Finally they let us in so we could choose eventually a sitting place. Both journeys were swift and smooth but boring. As we approached destination islands, drivers were directed to their cars to drive their vehicles off the ferry, and we headed to the main doors, along with the other foot passengers.

Naviera Armas fleet is pretty old and slow. And sometimes the ticket price is much higher than in modern and fast Fred. Olsen Express company. In my oppinion Fred. Olsen is better but on Naviera Armas ship you can go outside and enjoy the views. New catamarans of Fred. Olsen Express don't give such possibility.
Naviera Armas Map